• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Man so many books to talk about.

I used look for ASM 36 newsstands all the time, but have stopped in recent years. Its fun to see how many are mislabeled as direct copies too.

Shadowman V3 6 is always a nice sell as well very tough find.

Still look for the ASM 36 newsstand, but I never see it listed for normal Direct Edition price especially in a store.

For me, all of Shadowman volume 3, aside from #1... I have never seen a single one in person.

Also, Harbinger volume 1 #0 first print pink cover... haven't seen one of them in person in a good while.

Man so many books to talk about.

I used look for ASM 36 newsstands all the time, but have stopped in recent years. Its fun to see how many are mislabeled as direct copies too.

Shadowman V3 6 is always a nice sell as well very tough find.

Still look for the ASM 36 newsstand, but I never see it listed for normal Direct Edition price especially in a store.

For me, all of Shadowman volume 3, aside from #1... I have never seen a single one in person.

Also, Harbinger volume 1 #0 first print pink cover... haven't seen one of them in person in a good while.

I just found a copy of Harbinger #0 Pink at a very small comic/toy show about a month ago. It's also signed by Layton, IIRC.

How difficult are Amazing Spider-Man #430 and Amazing Spider-Man #431 to locate?

To locate? Not hard. There are always copies on eBay, at least.

To come across at a store? Hit and miss, probably not so easy.

To come across at a small show? Hit and miss, maybe not so easy.

To come across at a large convention? Probably not hard.

Everything I said is correct unless you know something I don't. It says #94 on the cover. Every site I looked at calls it Ghost Rider #94. Marvel wiki calls it Ghost Rider #94.

(pic not for you since you obviously know the issue)

Why is it not Ghost Rider #94? I mentioned that it was published years later. That does happen. (All Star Comics in the 70's springs to mind as an example as a series that had a large gap between issues) Does the indicia not say Ghost Rider #94? Curiosity is killing me.

Close, but you're thinking of #94 that was published years after and is an easy find. #93 was the "last" issue.

How HTF are the last three issues of Darkhawk? What about Ghost Rider #93?

I haven't looked for the GR book, but the final Darkhawks, like many final marvel books during that time, are.

I haven't found Ghost Rider #93 to be that hard to find; it was issued a fairly long period after #92, which is hard to find.

Ghost Rider 94 doesn't exist. The issue that was supposed to be published as Ghost Rider 94 was eventually published (9 years later) along with a reprint of issue 93 as Ghost Rider Finale. Yes, it has a cover layout that makes it look like a "regular" Ghost Rider 94 and no, it is not hard to find.

As I said, it is Ghost Rider Finale (check the indicia) and it reprints GR 93 and finally prints the long-inventoried content that was meant for GR 94 before the series was abruptly cancelled.

It's not the same as All Star Comics, Showcase, etc. or even the Blackest Night "dead series resurrection" one-shots.

Lets keep it civil. GR 94 just didn't exist till years later and leave it at that.

What's not civil? I'm just posting basic information about a comic and Elijah questioned something I posted without calling me names or anything. (shrug)

Elijah did reference one of those worthless wiki sites, though. :mad: I really wish people would realize how much misinformation about even the simplest, most objective things exists on those sites.

Ah. Thanks for the info. I guess the indicia rules then. Seems weird that it would have that cover, and be listed under the other title. I remember when it came out thinking it was a strange thing for Marvel to do in the first place.

Also, lol That was actually my first time using it. It was one of the first things that popped up mentioning that the book was sometimes referred to as "Ghost Rider: Finale:"

Ah. Thanks for the info. I guess the indicia rules then. Seems weird that it would have that cover, and be listed under the other title. I remember when it came out thinking it was a strange thing for Marvel to do in the first place.

Also, lol That was actually my first time using it. It was one of the first things that popped up mentioning that the book was sometimes referred to as "Ghost Rider: Finale:"

Also, look at the barcode. Of the last 5 numbers, the first three are the issue number, the fourth is the version (variant number) and the last is the printing.

How difficult are Amazing Spider-Man #430 and Amazing Spider-Man #431 to locate?

To locate? Not hard. There are always copies on eBay, at least.

To come across at a store? Hit and miss, probably not so easy.

To come across at a small show? Hit and miss, maybe not so easy.

To come across at a large convention? Probably not hard.

I have seen them in LCS's, but usually well over priced. I've seen them at cons, both large and small.

To me, the undeniably "hot" books from the late 90's / early 00's always seem to show up just usually at a eye-popping price. It's the random fill in the run copies that don't seem to show up as much.

For example. When I went in to fill in my ASM complete run vol. 2, #19 was fairly "common" in the wild (non-eBay edition) I had to take to eBay to find a vol. 2 #20. I'd guess it's because that was an easier retail return because of the 100 pager.

14a76081-fc4c-4d91-8d70-f8478e309b51.jpg

Super Real vs. The Movie Industry 1

1st Dan Mendoza work (Zombie Tramp)

Never seen this before in wild or internet.

I have this issue with the logo and price but this is some kind of "vigin" cover.

Anybody have any further information on this book or where/how I can get one?

Edited by FrankWhite

How about Hellblazer 27?

Thought about mentioning that one but I have seen it a couple times. Just picked up another copy last weekend actually. I wish I had a copy in a slab though.

This book. I almost forgot about it because I've pretty much given up looking for it.

4e2db12a.jpg

JC Penny giveaway?

obviously people can post whatever, and some are obviously more common than others, but there doesn't seem to be too much value to posting OBVIOUSLY ultra rare books that were never sold in comic stores to begin with, or other keys which will obviously be bought out.

To me this thread would seem to be more about comics which one would THINK shouldn't be too uncommon, but just seem tough to find. The dichotomy you'd think would be the important part, or at least I would think that.

14a76081-fc4c-4d91-8d70-f8478e309b51.jpg

Super Real vs. The Movie Industry 1

1st Dan Mendoza work (Zombie Tramp)

Never seen this before in wild or internet.

I have this issue with the logo and price but this is some kind of "vigin" cover.

Anybody have any further information on this book or where/how I can get one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-REAL-vs-The-Movie-Industry-issue-1-variant-NM-1st-Dan-Mendoza-ZOMBIE-TRAMP-/222106525013?hash=item33b6949d55:g:xcYAAOSwqrtWpSWD

This book. I almost forgot about it because I've pretty much given up looking for it.

4e2db12a.jpg

JC Penny giveaway?

obviously people can post whatever, and some are obviously more common than others, but there doesn't seem to be too much value to posting OBVIOUSLY ultra rare books that were never sold in comic stores to begin with, or other keys which will obviously be bought out.

To me this thread would seem to be more about comics which one would THINK shouldn't be too uncommon, but just seem tough to find. The dichotomy you'd think would be the important part, or at least I would think that.

you+mad+bro_edb36c_3429172.jpg

It's been found in the wild before, that's why I keep looking. Hoping this thread can bring out more copies.

4e2db12a.jpg

JC Penny giveaway?

Nope. Maybe printed for an unproduced action figure, but it's been found in the wild, so I'm not sure what it belongs to. There is a thread offering up some great books if anyone can find an answer for this book