• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Maybe I wasn't picking up on the tone of this thread, but for the record, yes I would absolutely buy this comic if it was cheap. I actually like checking out these books based on musicians/artists. I have not been able to find much in the wild, but have a few on my want list. I got this ICP comic at the LCS when it came out, and have not seen another since. Also looking for Cryptic Writing of Megadeth (Chaos!) and Nine Rings of Wu-Tang.

59bbbe0424136_Pendulum8_Edited.thumb.jpg.b883282b8ad8696061dd7a7f39c5f50f.jpgMegadeth.jpg.d1c32b8a25e70f2c4640a31d2e6c6a71.jpgWu-Tang.jpg.f71a552759bd2739757cc381dbe11b36.jpg

1 hour ago, Jimbo749 said:

Maybe I wasn't picking up on the tone of this thread, but for the record, yes I would absolutely buy this comic if it was cheap. I actually like checking out these books based on musicians/artists. I have not been able to find much in the wild, but have a few on my want list. I got this ICP comic at the LCS when it came out, and have not seen another since. Also looking for Cryptic Writing of Megadeth (Chaos!) and Nine Rings of Wu-Tang.

59bbbe0424136_Pendulum8_Edited.thumb.jpg.b883282b8ad8696061dd7a7f39c5f50f.jpgMegadeth.jpg.d1c32b8a25e70f2c4640a31d2e6c6a71.jpgWu-Tang.jpg.f71a552759bd2739757cc381dbe11b36.jpg

I've had a signed Wutang museum edition once. Was a pain in the to move tho

16 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I've had a signed Wutang museum edition once. Was a pain in the to move tho

I can imagine it was hard to move. The number of people that really like both comics AND hip-hop is probably small, but we are out there!!! I've also heard about the "hip-hop covers" from Marvel.  Some of them look pretty neat. Spidey and Deadpool as Eric B. & Rakim

hiphopcover.png.2a294c86abf61b85b2ae2bed22fa2f72.png

25 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The ICP comics do very well if they are sealed with the disc. 

Good call. I have 3 or 4 other issues from The Pendulum series that i bought poly bagged, but i can only find the CD for #8. Quick search only (1) sealed Pendulum #8 on ebay, for $10.

Hopefully we are not considered gang affiliated by the feds for talking about these comics. (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

Not asking for what you sold it for, but can I assume it was sold for more than the latest ebay listing?

Less.. almost by half I think.. Had it for a year and it was just sitting there with no activity

At some point I wanted to have rza sign it cause he was cutting a vocal at my friends studio but I forgot

6 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Less.. almost by half I think.. Had it for a year and it was just sitting there with no activity

At some point I wanted to have rza sign it cause he was cutting a vocal at my friends studio but I forgot

I forgot to stop by the studio and have RZA sign my book, classic!!! That's pretty cool. 

I feel like we need a new thread for hip-hop/comic crossover discussion, but i'm sure there would only be a like 3 people interested. So I'll give it a rest for a while if it is taking over. 

Before i go... If you like kung-fu movies i recommend The Man With The Iron Fists starring/produced by/scored by RZA

26 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

That's awesome, I need it!

Is the Wu-Tang comic affiliated with the hip-hop group though or is it based on the original Wu-Tang?

The 9 rings series turns the Wu-Tang group to super heroes kinda.. 12 reasons to die is based off Ghostkillas album by the same name

And I sold both 

2 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

I feel like we need a new thread for hip-hop/comic crossover discussion, but i'm sure there would only be a like 3 people interested. So I'll give it a rest for a while if it is taking over. 

Before i go... If you like kung-fu movies i recommend The Man With The Iron Fists starring/produced by/scored by RZA

OK, let's go over here:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/388611-ebay-the-ebay-official-ebay-thread-ebay/?do=findComment&comment=9918995