• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

I sold this a few years ago still in the bag. Think I got $10 for it if I remember. I actually agree that most of the music related comics aren't easy to come by. I can't see the print runs being that high at the time, and I actually do not run across much in the wild. Though I'm not really looking for any.

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=634661

11 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Less.. almost by half I think.. Had it for a year and it was just sitting there with no activity

At some point I wanted to have rza sign it cause he was cutting a vocal at my friends studio but I forgot

that's dope I used to intern with some wu-affiliates...

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's awesome, I need it!

Is the Wu-Tang comic affiliated with the hip-hop group though or is it based on the original Wu-Tang?

10 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

I feel like we need a new thread for hip-hop/comic crossover discussion, but i'm sure there would only be a like 3 people interested. So I'll give it a rest for a while if it is taking over. 

Before i go... If you like kung-fu movies i recommend The Man With The Iron Fists starring/produced by/scored by RZA

Peace fellow hip-hop fans...

2 hours ago, Philflound said:

Spent some time digging through boxes at the local dealer. Came up with these. Malibu ns are definitely not easy to find. Got 3 more Image ns, but I pretty much wiped them out over the past months. I did score with the 2nd prints though. :)

100_5402.JPG

100_5403.JPG

100_5404.JPG

I don't think the WildCATS are newsstands.

3 hours ago, Philflound said:

Spent some time digging through boxes at the local dealer. Came up with these. Malibu ns are definitely not easy to find. Got 3 more Image ns, but I pretty much wiped them out over the past months. I did score with the 2nd prints though. :)

100_5402.JPG

100_5403.JPG

100_5404.JPG

Sorry im a little in the dark about these. Which are the second prints? Recently got a ton of newsstand 90s stuff so this will help educate me. 

17 minutes ago, Lpgk said:

Sorry im a little in the dark about these. Which are the second prints? Recently got a ton of newsstand 90s stuff so this will help educate me. 

The third picture featuring the Batman Adventures and Robin. You will see a roman numeral II where the price is.

13 hours ago, Philflound said:

There is no direct edition written. I hope they are. :)

Barcodes have two sections.  The left side bars are usually 10 to 12 numbers.  The right side bars are always shorter.  Newsstands have 2 numbers, very skinny right side bars.  Direct editions have 5 numbers on the right side, the bar section is not as skinny.  Your WildCATS #38 have 5 numbers on the right side of the barcode.

15 hours ago, cortown71 said:

Wildcats C.A.T. 32 is supposedly the last NS in the series.coincidentally a NS I found recently.

2017-09-17_20.00.51.jpg

Cool! I've been trying to put together a WildCATS NS run, on the cheap, but haven't come up with much so far. Compared to later issues, the #2 white cover that everyone loves so much is in pretty plentiful supply. I've found 6 or 7 of the #2 NS over the last year, whereas I haven't seen most issues in NS at all, period.

IMAG0162.thumb.jpg.9e052fe06c44d772dc0f9069d7df5a10.jpg

On 9/17/2017 at 0:25 PM, creaturefan95 said:

Those are awesome! I keep seeing cool books to add to my collection here, but it is still tough to find. I went to a local place this weekend and bought the only Terminator comic they had. @Philflound thanks for mentioning the Malibu series, one book down

Edited by Jimbo749

Well, I'm a little late to the music comics stuff, but here are a couple of my favorites that I never see:

IMG_2253.thumb.JPG.079ae3ceccf7fc2add331de064f30927.JPG

That Prince comic is the only one of those I've ever come across (at a local show the weekend after he died), but I see each printing of the Prince: Alter Ego (with the Bolland cover) fairly often, especially the newsstand edition. That Megadeth is the second of the faux-leather cover I've come across, but those are the only two I've ever seen in person, never even seen the regular cover once... and that is Dave Mustaine's sig there, with a COA on the back.

7 hours ago, BishopT said:

Well, I'm a little late to the music comics stuff, but here are a couple of my favorites that I never see:

IMG_2253.thumb.JPG.079ae3ceccf7fc2add331de064f30927.JPG

That Prince comic is the only one of those I've ever come across (at a local show the weekend after he died), but I see each printing of the Prince: Alter Ego (with the Bolland cover) fairly often, especially the newsstand edition. That Megadeth is the second of the faux-leather cover I've come across, but those are the only two I've ever seen in person, never even seen the regular cover once... and that is Dave Mustaine's sig there, with a COA on the back.

There's a British magazine size Alter ego version that comes w a prince pin that you'll never find anywhere. I had one for awhile but sold it for stupid money after he died. Sorry