• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2017 at 8:17 PM, UltraMaximus said:

Print run was estimated at 106k (according tp comichron) for 1st print, 2nd print never made the top 300 list and was released in April 1996.

Those aren't print runs on comichron when you go back that far on the monthly sales tables...those are preorders.

On 10/1/2017 at 12:06 AM, Philflound said:

It's funny that people honed in on the Betty #8, but the Veronica #171 is pretty much nowhere to be found. The few I saw sold on Ebay went rather cheap, but were probably snatched up quickly because the sellers didn't know what they had. I'd guess this book should be a minimum of $10.

12 hours ago, Philflound said:

It's funny that people honed in on the Betty #8, but the Veronica #171 is pretty much nowhere to be found. The few I saw sold on Ebay went rather cheap, but were probably snatched up quickly because the sellers didn't know what they had. I'd guess this book should be a minimum of $10.

So what makes these two covers so much more desirable than say this cover?  

Edited by Fiddy

On 10/7/2017 at 11:10 PM, Philflound said:

The reason everyone honed in on Betty #8 is because of the way Betty is drawn and all that is shown on the cover of an Archie comic. The Veronica is quite tame compared to The Betty.

35 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

The reason everyone honed in on Betty #8 is because of the way Betty is drawn and all that is shown on the cover of an Archie comic. The Veronica is quite tame compared to The Betty.

I agree, but again there are none available.

14 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Betty is a Dan DeCarlo. Veronica is a Dan Parent. I like Dan's stuff, but he's no DeCarlo. Betty all the way.

On 9/30/2017 at 11:59 PM, Philflound said:

That may be true, though this issue is impossible to find regardless. Looking at the sold list, 2 copies were sold by the same person. It looks like he actually scanned his and both were newsstand. The other 2 sold used mycomicshop default photo so that doesn't count. 4 copies plus this one. Very tough book overall. I wonder what the total print run was of this book.

That is a particularly popular cover for two reasons.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:36 AM, Philflound said:

That is the JC Penny #5 Darkhawk. It is rather rare. The regular direct version with the Cap head in the UPC is common.

criminey, how on earth would anyone know this unless they already knew it!

On 10/7/2017 at 12:30 AM, fastballspecial said:

Meant to post there earlier, but forgot. Don't laugh, but I bought these just because I had never seen them before. 
I didn't know they actually sold well at the time.

uAjnrZ7l.jpgckTkhq4l.jpg

Haven't seen the later issues (never looked, of course), see the #1 and #2.