• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

Pretty successful dollar box diving today.

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

Also got Deathstroke 55 & 56, 3 copies of New Avengers #8 (vol. 3), New Avengers #10 (vol. 3),  X Men #4 (vol 2), Savage Dragon #2 newsstand but some of those aren't that hard to find. It was a good day as well, because I found Batman #570 for $5.

Edited by BishopT

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

Also got Deathstroke 55 & 56, 3 copies of New Avengers #8 (vol. 3), New Avengers #10 (vol. 3),  X Men #4 (vol 4), Savage Dragon #2 newsstand but some of those aren't that hard to find. It was a good day as well, because I found Batman #570 for $5.

Love the deathstrokes. I pick them up when I see them, but I have NEVER found the 58 Joker cover in the bargain bins, in all of these years. Nice pull!

Yeah man, thanks. I love those Deathstrokes, too... they're pretty much NM except for #58 has some spine tickery and #60 has some staining up top. Also, I should point out that while the Legionnaires isn't the more sought after DC Universe reprint, this book has eluded me over the last couple of years since I've been looking for it. And, that Spectacular Spider Man is the Gamepro give away, which I have never seen before.

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Bishop where do u live because I am planning next vacation in ur area. U need more competition.

Haha, I'm in Columbia sc... and while I may be on top of my back issue game around here, the new issue market is a beast. People are piranhas around here on new comics.

7 hours ago, BishopT said:

IMG_2284.JPG

IMG_2286.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_2293.JPG

Also got Deathstroke 55 & 56, 3 copies of New Avengers #8 (vol. 3), New Avengers #10 (vol. 3),  X Men #4 (vol 2), Savage Dragon #2 newsstand but some of those aren't that hard to find. It was a good day as well, because I found Batman #570 for $5.

I’m still out looking for the end of that Deathstroke run!!  It’s gonna drive me crazy until I finish it.  Congrats 

15 hours ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I’m still out looking for the end of that Deathstroke run!!  It’s gonna drive me crazy until I finish it.  Congrats 

@BishopT Oddly enough, I found the only copies I've ever found of 58 and 60 in a $1 box in Columbia, SC as well back in April. They're actually posted in this thread. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I have found at least one copy of each except 58 that book is in a small pile of books that elude me.

I had a subscription to Deathstroke that lasted to the end and when #58 was supposed to arrive, they sent me a copy of something else because #58 had been allocated and not enough were printed to fill subscriptions. I have never seen a copy in person anywhere for sale -- and I've looked.

21 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

I had a subscription to Deathstroke that lasted to the end and when #58 was supposed to arrive, they sent me a copy of something else because #58 had been allocated and not enough were printed to fill subscriptions. I have never seen a copy in person anywhere for sale -- and I've looked.

That sucks. I never had a subscription for comics, just magazines.

18 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

How is that possible?!? There had to be many more printed than there were subscriptions. Issues made it to shops and presumably newsstands. Comichron estimates approximately 10k issues sold through Diamond alone. 

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

How is that possible?!? There had to be many more printed than there were subscriptions. Issues made it to shops and presumably newsstands. Comichron estimates approximately 10k issues sold through Diamond alone. 

At the time, I got a note that 58 had been allocated and I would not be receiving a replacement. I do remember that clearly since I was so disappointed that I wasn't going to get the full run I wanted. I'm thinking I got a random issue of something else -- or they extended my subscription one issue.

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

At the time, I got a note that 58 had been allocated and I would not be receiving a replacement. I do remember that clearly since I was so disappointed that I wasn't going to get the full run I wanted. I'm thinking I got a random issue of something else -- or they extended my subscription one issue.

Extended one issue? Heck, it only went two more after that!

11 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Extended one issue? Heck, it only went two more after that!

Yeah, I got those last two issues and, surprisingly, they were delivered in NM condition. Somewhere in a box at my parents house is all my old subscription sleeves, which were brown paper wrappers that were wrapped around the comics.