• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2024 at 8:30 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Two Batman New 52 books I didn't know existed until I found them in the wild - and I collect Batman (so, I guess you can find them in the wild, but not very often...).

The first is a Batman #1 Special Edition that was a freebie at SDCC 2019 - I found it for $2 at Half Price Books last weekend. It's hard to find out much about this book, but CGC calls it the "Batman 80th Anniversary Special Edition" and there are 14 on the census:

batman1.thumb.JPG.8d95f57de238427722fc69462f61a59f.JPG

The second is Batman 50 New 52 - this is the Tyler Kirkham Hastings Exclusive Black and White variant. Also not a ton of info out there about this book that I could find (not sure if it was limited, print run, etc. I do know there was also a color variant of the same cover). I found it for $10 at a local show today - there are only a few eBay listing I can see (no sales), and they're around $100-125+:

IMG_1264.thumb.JPG.57119245cebbaaf19e9e59293da4f925.JPG

I found two copies sell for $50 of the Batman 1 SE 2019 SDCC one in Nov 2023 and one recently on April 13, 2024

On 4/21/2024 at 10:43 PM, littledoom said:

I found two copies sell for $50 of the Batman 1 SE 2019 SDCC one in Nov 2023 and one recently on April 13, 2024

Oh nice, thanks! I knew I recently saw one listed on eBay but it was gone, I should have thought to double check the sold listings. It's a cool book - heavy glossy cover and all black on the back, so a terrible fingerprint magnet. Mine has some bad tics on the back too - but it's ok because I'm not selling it and I paid $2. It's got a version of the New 52 #1 cover under the mask cover, it looks like this:

bat80new521.thumb.JPG.f6c3d3d6821dd9eebbb217da7726b065.JPG

On 4/21/2024 at 10:48 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Oh nice, thanks! I knew I recently saw one listed on eBay but it was gone, I should have thought to double check the sold listings. It's a cool book - heavy glossy cover and all black on the back, so a terrible fingerprint magnet. Mine has some bad tics on the back too - but it's ok because I'm not selling it and I paid $2. It's got a version of the New 52 #1 cover under the mask cover, it looks like this:

bat80new521.thumb.JPG.f6c3d3d6821dd9eebbb217da7726b065.JPG

Oddly enough, I found this same book at Half Price Books myself a month or two ago. Definitely a cool find!

On 4/22/2024 at 12:02 AM, BuraddoRun said:

Oddly enough, I found this same book at Half Price Books myself a month or two ago. Definitely a cool find!

Weird! I wonder if some unclaimed copies ended up going to shops or something? But 5 years after SDCC would be odd...

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 4/22/2024 at 12:13 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Weird! I wonder if some unclaimed copies ended up going to shops or something? But 5 years after SDCC would be odd...

I dunno. It figures they probably get multiple copies from various sellers. Or it could just be coincidence. I don't know how they handle distribution with things that go back to the main warehouse VS things sold directly to and kept at the individual stores.