• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

Not to turn this into an exclusive Image newsstand thread but;

I have seen The Maxx newsstands up until 5 or 6. Does anyone have any idea how far they went? I would love to find a #35 NS copy. I have only ever found 1 direct copy in the wild.

20 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

Just graded...3/13 in 9.8, Universal labeled, non-prism foil regular cover (Newsstand) edition. 

These issues were also pulled from the same 'dollar' long box as The Maxx #1, Newsstand, which graded 9.6.

IMG_20180213_225737~2.jpg

3/13? Last year? I love purchasing newsstand Image. Found quite a few last week in $1 boxes myself.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Man that Shadowhawk NS 1 looked sweet.

High grade on those Image newsstands are tough. I still find them, but rarely in NM on any title.

I agree. I just grab them unless they look totally destroyed, but getting a 9.4 or higher is rough.

Rare...this one was not found in a 'dollar'long box. It spent more than two decades hiding in plain sight at a now closed local comic shop.

According to the owner, the book arrived alongside all the other regular, gold foil stamped, direct edition issues in that week's new books shipment.

IMG_20180214_182933.jpg

5 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

Rare...this one was not found in a 'dollar'long box. It spent more than two decades hiding in plain sight at a now closed local comic shop.

According to the owner, the book arrived alongside all the other regular, gold foil stamped, direct edition issues in that week's new books shipment.

IMG_20180214_182933.jpg

Welcome to the Boards! Some nice books there for the new guy! (thumbsu

12 hours ago, Davidone said:

Not to turn this into an exclusive Image newsstand thread but;

I have seen The Maxx newsstands up until 5 or 6. Does anyone have any idea how far they went? I would love to find a #35 NS copy. I have only ever found 1 direct copy in the wild.

I have an issue of The Maxx in the teens that's a newsstand edition (I think it's 16, 17, or 18, I'll have to check), so I'm assuming up into the teens at least.

Edit: never mind... my memory failed me, it was actually issue #24, so even later, I guess.

Edited by BishopT

6 hours ago, BishopT said:

I have an issue of The Maxx in the teens that's a newsstand edition (I think it's 16, 17, or 18, I'll have to check), so I'm assuming up into the teens at least.

Edit: never mind... my memory failed me, it was actually issue #24, so even later, I guess.

Mile high has them going up to 27

17 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

IMG_20180214_182933.jpg

• ^^

Awesome find there. Doesn't look like any of the metal is on that book.  My Wildcats 2 had some metal flake on it what I neat find.

21 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

IMG_20180214_182933.jpg

Does CGC designate (describe) error books on the slab when it isn't a well know error (like the venom book)? i feel like they do, sometimes?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Does CGC designate (describe) error books on the slab when it isn't a well know error (like the venom book)? i feel like they do, sometimes?

I believe manufacturing errors are noted on label text, which should read "manufactured without gold foil" or something to that effect.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:24 AM, First Upgrade said:

This example was found in the Wild, during the summer of 2017. Awaiting submission for CGC grading, TBD...

IMG_20170728_154523~2.jpg

IMG_20170728_161704~3.jpg

There are several copies of Spawn 1 that had problems with the black ink. Here's one that sold high with no black ink.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAWN-1-CGC-8-5-MANUFACTURING-ERROR-TODD-MCFARLANE-RARE-NEW-MOVIE-/232612214648?hash=item3628c4b778%3Ag%3AWpkAAOSwjodaMros&nma=true&si=%2Bey%2BN7zyh5IiSfyn5nnpacBYG8Q%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557