• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I love this thread. I found this today at my LCS for a couple bucks.  :whee:  Are people holding onto these or slabbing them?  If you slab, will CGC note the error?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Nice!

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I love this thread. I found this today at my LCS for a couple bucks.  :whee:  Are people holding onto these or slabbing them?  If you slab, will CGC note the error?

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 2.25.52 PM.png

Great find. I think I have only found 2 or 3 over the years very tough find. Now if I could find the real variant Id never look for that book again.

59 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Which one is real variant?  The newsstand 2.25 version without the 25 cents?

That's 1... I think, are there are 2? Isn't there also a newsstand without the 25 cent price? I'd Google the thread but I'm on my phone. Maybe Google with X-Men 25 newsstand... ?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Which one is real variant?  The newsstand 2.25 version without the 25 cents?

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's 1... I think, are there are 2? Isn't there also a newsstand without the 25 cent price? I'd Google the thread but I'm on my phone. Maybe Google with X-Men 25 newsstand... ?

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-423-CGC-9-2-NM-2-25-Price-Variant-Newsstand-UPC-mint-0333060025/162875390511?epid=1600933823&hash=item25ec213a2f:g:vEgAAOSwTEJaRvvf

I think yours is the real one.... if this link works...it's the newsstand without the 25 cent price, but it says nothing on the label...

30 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Thanks for that, ygogolak :)

It's odd but I see the one with wolverine on it always, not the variant newsstand of course, but I had no idea there were others...

On 2/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, Wolverinex said:

I just picked up a set of Invincible 16-25 out of a dollar bin NM.  Other than being low print, is there anything of significance after I read them? 

16 is Angstrom Levy's first appearance. That's probably the most undervalued book in the whole series. He's a great villian.