• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,488 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Please tell me the story about WD 9.8!!  coudn't be worse than the guy who lost 7500 bitcoins in a landfill !

I bought what was a complete run of Walking Dead, #1 through I wanna say 60-ish, during the first season of the television show. Got the first ten graded, all came back 9.8. At that point I don't think the Michonne or Governor issues had really popped yet, I guess that's why I didn't grade them. At any rate, around the beginning of the second season, I think to myself "Oh, this thing couldn't get much bigger. The first season was popular, but this sort of genre show can't last forever." So, I sold my 9.8 for what I think was a high at the time, something like $900? At the time I was thrilled, as that sale alone more than paid for the entire run and the grading and a healthy profit to boot, not to mention the money I made off of the rest of the run. So, yeah, I was happy at the time.

Several years later, WD 1 9.8 is what is is, I feel a little less smart about the decision.

So, no, not disaster, I made a lot of money and I was happy at the time, but seeing how the book doubled and nearly tripled what I sold it for back then, I definitely wish I had that one back. 

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I bought what was a complete run of Walking Dead, #1 through I wanna say 60-ish, during the first season of the television show. Got the first ten graded, all came back 9.8. At that point I don't think the Michonne or Governor issues had really popped yet, I guess that's why I didn't grade them. At any rate, around the beginning of the second season, I think to myself "Oh, this thing couldn't get much bigger. The first season was popular, but this sort of genre show can't last forever." So, I sold my 9.8 for what I think was a high at the time, something like $900? At the time I was thrilled, as that sale alone more than paid for the entire run and the grading and a healthy profit to boot, not to mention the money I made off of the rest of the run. So, yeah, I was happy at the time.

Several years later, WD 1 9.8 is what is is, I feel a little less smart about the decision.

So, no, not disaster, I made a lot of money and I was happy at the time, but seeing how the book doubled and nearly tripled what I sold it for back then, I definitely wish I had that one back. 

To be clear, the later Punisher issues are nice have books that are pulling a little more money. 

Just meant that people are more likely to buy them now than when they were 50 cent fodder.  The will never be in a league of WD. 

Punisher 102 is the real winner of that group. 

Patrick 

The thing with lots of these 90s titles that have hard to find last issues are for those trying to complete series. With low print runs and like some people will agree, these were thrown in cheap sale boxes, trying to find high grades of some of these last issues will be tough. That is why many are commanding higher $$$. The thing with new comics and low print runs is that the majority of these comics will be saved instantly and if become hot like say Moon Girl $28, then even if they do have a 6-7k print run, 99% of those issues will remain high grade. You also have those who are looking for newsstand variants of these late issue comics. Those are even more impossible to find.

I'm looking to try and get a census on how rare Superman #50 2nd print newsstand is. So far RockMyAmadeus is the only person I've seen with any interest with this book. I'm asking anyone on here 

1. Have you seen a copy of this book for sale anywhere?

2. Do you have a copy of this book in your collection?

3. Do you think there would be interest in this book if it showed up on the market?

My guess is that this is much rarer than Batman #457 2nd print newsstand. Feel free to respond.

11 hours ago, J.Biz said:

My NS Spawn Bible is pretty banged up. I believe I received it in a lot from Canada. Happy to have it. Keeping peeled for a HQ copy.

20180424_164234.jpg

I picked this up I think last year. If you look back many many pages in this thread, I think I took a photo. Think it was rather high grade too.

23 hours ago, followtheleader said:

To be clear, the later Punisher issues are nice have books that are pulling a little more money. 

Just meant that people are more likely to buy them now than when they were 50 cent fodder.  The will never be in a league of WD. 

Punisher 102 is the real winner of that group. 

Patrick 

The 102 is definitely a winner, but in my honest opinion the 100 Michael Golden cover is the gem of the bunch.  2c

87AF3818-548F-425E-B6FD-A65BABE00493.jpeg

On 4/20/2018 at 4:55 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm putting together a 9.8 set of Countdown signed by Jae Lee. I've had a couple of duds. I'd be willing to buy any 9.8 candidates.

I love that run, and I love that Jae Lee did the covers.

I paid quite a bit for my set (definitely over paid) but they where hardly coming up for sale at the time.  Maybe I should have waited but I didn’t buy them for profit.  The toughest one to find is War Journal 79.  I think there is only six on the census.  I have some raw copies of the countdown run but the best they will get is a 9.6 IMHO.

2 hours ago, First Upgrade said:

Newsstand...just graded...

20180426_071415.jpg

20180426_071226.jpg

sell now! hurry!

On 4/24/2018 at 11:03 PM, Philflound said:

I'm looking to try and get a census on how rare Superman #50 2nd print newsstand is. So far RockMyAmadeus is the only person I've seen with any interest with this book. I'm asking anyone on here 

3. Do you think there would be interest in this book if it showed up on the market?

My guess is that this is much rarer than Batman #457 2nd print newsstand. Feel free to respond.

Guess no one has any interest or just don't want to say.

46 minutes ago, Philflound said:
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:03 PM, Philflound said:

Guess no one has any interest or just don't want to say.

I have a 2nd print, but I don't remember if its a newsstand I will pull it out and look. Its on my list I just don't run across 2nd prints much at all let alone a newsstand of it.

37 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I have a 2nd print, but I don't remember if its a newsstand I will pull it out and look. Its on my list I just don't run across 2nd prints much at all let alone a newsstand of it.

I find that funny since I see lots of 2nd print directs and don't command much at all. I picked up 2 copies a couple of weeks ago for a buck a piece.

1771EB3D-042F-4D8E-9315-96696D4836EB.jpeg

1349D80C-A6D9-4150-872A-1E6CC57015F1.jpeg

26948B23-E031-47D6-A0CE-B0513479A134.jpeg

Some pretty decent finds at a local show yesterday. The ASM 700 and DD 1 are newsstands, I've never seen that Batman Forever pack and the CD single alone sells for a decent price on Discogs, finally found a decent priced Macross #1, and I'm not sure how rare those Batman Adventures 2nd prints are, but they're both 9.8 candidates. Also found some great not so rare dollar books in ANext #12, a number of Frisson Wonder Woman covers, Planetary #1 signed by Ellis and Cassaday, New X Men #31, Rai #1, and Betty and Veronica #115 (another bikini cover). Those are the highlights, but I got a bunch of stuff yesterday, but nothing huge.

Edited by BishopT

On 4/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, Philflound said:

I find that funny since I see lots of 2nd print directs and don't command much at all. I picked up 2 copies a couple of weeks ago for a buck a piece.

2nd print directs are very common.