• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2018 at 3:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Here is question I've been wanting to ask for awhile. Which sets are the most difficult to make? 
This could be a mini an entire 12 issue or 6 issue run or just certain storylines.

For me From Hell has always been my toughest to find in decent grade.

I made a Gargoyle Set and that took me around a year to make.

I find the last 5 issues of Teen Titans V2 very tough to make as a set. I find issue 130 more then 
I find the other 4 issues most of the time.

Last issues of Swamp Thing are impossible to find. 

Armorines V2 1-4 is just impossible.

Battle Chasers sucks to make a set of, but it can be done if you want to pay for it.

Armorines V2 1–3 aren't problematic, it's the #4 that's tough. For the same reason, a complete set of Shadowman V3 1–6 and Unity 2000  are tough. Last issues had serious distribution problems.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:46 PM, followtheleader said:

Saw a dealer last week with a set of Swamp Thing 101 to 167 for a solid price.  If 168 thru 171 were included, that would have been a purchase. 

I do think issues 140 thru 171 should have some interest.   Has good future potential if a solid series/movie is made. 

Interesting on Battle Chasers.  Looks like all issues are selling.  Loved that series when it came out.  It was the 1st time I'd ever wanted a later printing of a book (#1 black bordered issue). 

Stormwatch 4 (2nd series) has always been a tough one for me.  And that's from a person that was buying since Series 1 began.  Much tougher for me than 37 of the 1st series. 

I've had a lot of luck with the last few issues of Pitt.  But definitely grab them as they have dried up the last few years.  I've been buying any between 11 thru 20. 

Maxx issues seem to be overlooked too. Not just referring to 34 and 35.  I pick up 13 thru 35 when cheap.  So many black covers make them hard to find in true high grade. 

Patrick

I lucked out and found a complete set of Battle Chasers at HPB a few months ago for a buck each, including that variant with the chick with the big ol boobies. So I figured it must just be like most over-produced Image junk. Was surprised be what they sold for! Now that it's on my radar, I haven't seen any more. 

19 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Armorines V2 1–3 aren't problematic, it's the #4 that's tough. For the same reason, a complete set of Shadowman V3 1–6 and Unity 2000  are tough. Last issues had serious distribution problems.

That's why I said the set is hard to make.  3 and 4 are tough with 4 being a nightmare. Next time I will be more specific.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Found a bunch of Bloodshot 7s, 2nd and 3rd prints of Superman 498, a random battle chasers issue NM

Did I just click on the wrong thread?

5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
12 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

Did I just click on the wrong thread?

You aren't impressed by Ninjak?

The print run on Bloodshot #7 (Ninjak issue) was about 350,000 copies.  So "books you just can't find in the wild" should be the wrong description. lol

It sold more copies than Detective Comics #670.  http://comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1993.html

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Everyone should just accept the fact that this thread has become "Here's What I Bought Today In The Wild". At least it's usually stuff in $1 boxes which makes it halfway interesting...……..

Actually I picked those up for 25 cents each LOL.  I didn't realize the print run was so high!  I just figured with the new bloodshot movie coming out at some point, these could go up eventually.  

26 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I was also visiting another city a few week ago and saw that comic being sold for 10 dollars on the wall, which is why I thought I got such a great steal :D

This is a common mistake.  The price on the wall must be too high or else you wouldn't see the book there. :kidaround:

12 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I assume Bloodshot 6 is the real first appearance?   What was the print run on that comic?

Closer to 400,000.  The problem with Ninjak is that it was introduced right at the height of the comics industry... so there isn't a good option for "investing" in Ninjak first/early appearances.  The closest thing to a "solid collectible" for early Ninjak is probably Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome (1994) which was around 5,000 copies.  The Ninjak #1 chromium cover (1994 regular edition, $3.50 cover price) is probably even worse than Bloodshot #6 and Bloodshot #7 since Ninjak #1 was more like 500,000 copies.

Bloodshot #6 and #7 are definitely worth the 25cents, though... they're just not even close to being hard to find "in the wild".

Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome would be a tough one to find in the wild.

n1gold.jpg

Edited by valiantman