• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Closer to 400,000.  The problem with Ninjak is that it was introduced right at the height of the comics industry... so there isn't a good option for "investing" in Ninjak first/early appearances.  The closest thing to a "solid collectible" for early Ninjak is probably Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome (1994) which was around 5,000 copies.  The Ninjak #1 chromium cover (1994 regular edition, $3.50 cover price) is probably even worse than Bloodshot #6 and Bloodshot #7 since Ninjak #1 was more like 500,000 copies.

Bloodshot #6 and #7 are definitely worth the 25cents, though... they're just not even close to being hard to find "in the wild".

Dang!  Curse you Ninjak!!  Not only am I unsure how to pronounce your name, you spoiled my early retirement dreams!

14 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I assume Bloodshot 6 is the real first appearance?   What was the print run on that comic?

I broke down and got a non-special Turok 1 and Bloodshot 1 for about 25 cents a piece..... the problem is finding them in the wild in NM condition. (or for me anyway)

I got the RAI #0 "glossy" and Ninjak #6 for about $20 total about 3-4 months ago at my LCS, but the RAI turning out to be the "glossy" version makes it worth it imo

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang!  Curse you Ninjak!!  Not only am I unsure how to pronounce your name, you spoiled my early retirement dreams!

Well, if you just want to know how to pronounce his name it's "Nin-Jack" (because he's British, it's a Union Jack... U-Nionjack... Ninjak.)

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I broke down and got a non-special Turok 1 and Bloodshot 1 for about 25 cents a piece..... the problem is finding them in the wild in NM condition. (or for me anyway)

I got the RAI #0 "glossy" and Ninjak #6 for about $20 total about 3-4 months ago at my LCS, but the RAI turning out to be the "glossy" version makes it worth it imo

Turok #1 and Bloodshot #1 for 25 cent apiece is just fine.  Bloodshot #1 was the first use of any kind of chromium in the history of comic books.  Turok #1 was the highest selling book of 1993 that wasn't associated with Superman's death/return.  For the industry, they're both worth 25 cents from the historical aspect.  As an investment, you could probably double your money. :kidaround:

Edited by valiantman

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I found a RAI 0 matte for a quarter a few months ago, posted it here.    I do wonder how the Vin Diesal movie is going do?  Is the valiant universe still running okay without Dino?  

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Closer to 400,000.  The problem with Ninjak is that it was introduced right at the height of the comics industry... so there isn't a good option for "investing" in Ninjak first/early appearances.  The closest thing to a "solid collectible" for early Ninjak is probably Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome (1994) which was around 5,000 copies.  The Ninjak #1 chromium cover (1994 regular edition, $3.50 cover price) is probably even worse than Bloodshot #6 and Bloodshot #7 since Ninjak #1 was more like 500,000 copies.

Bloodshot #6 and #7 are definitely worth the 25cents, though... they're just not even close to being hard to find "in the wild".

Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome would be a tough one to find in the wild.

n1gold.jpg

I have a Rai and future force 9 gold PGX 9.8.  Is that worth anything?  

Edited by Wolverinex

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I found a RAI 0 matte for a quarter a few months ago, posted it here.    I do wonder how the Vin Diesal movie is going do?  Is the valiant universe still running okay without Dino?  

I don't expect any Valiant movie, much less the first one, to make the kind of money that Marvel and DC movies make.  So, as far as everyone on this board is concerned, the movie will flop.  However, depending upon what it costs to make it... the movie could be very profitable. 

We haven't really seen much of the Valiant universe without Dino (Dinesh), since the books we're reading now were already in-the-works while he was still there.  By the end of the year, we should have a better idea of whether the books have lost a step.

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Ninjak #1 Gold Holochrome would be a tough one to find in the wild.

n1gold.jpg

I actually did find this, complete with Valiant bag in a 50 cent box a few years ago.

1 hour ago, BishopT said:

I actually did find this, complete with Valiant bag in a 50 cent box a few years ago.

That's amazing for 50 cents. The ones without the cover price don't normally get mixed in the cheap boxes.

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

That's amazing for 50 cents. The ones without the cover price don't normally get mixed in the cheap boxes.

Got it from 2nd and Charles and I found a Prince: Alter Ego 2nd print in the same 50 cent box. This was about 2 years before Prince died, though.

18 hours ago, valiantman said:

Well, if you just want to know how to pronounce his name it's "Nin-Jack" (because he's British, it's a Union Jack... U-Nionjack... Ninjak.)

Well I be damned, I never knew that. Of course, I've also never actually read a Ninjak comic. But this at least makes sense, as opposed to my theory of "I guess someone just thought it sounded cool."

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Well I be damned, I never knew that. Of course, I've also never actually read a Ninjak comic. But this at least makes sense, as opposed to my theory of "I guess someone just thought it sounded cool."

That was the 1990s answer... Union Jack = Ninjak

The 2010s answer is still pronounced the same, but, there is also a series about earlier Ninjas in the program, Ninja-A, Ninja-B, Ninja-C... and Colin King is Ninja-K.  So, now, he's both Ninjak and Ninja-K.

On 6/4/2018 at 3:56 PM, valiantman said:

But the new series is called Ninja-K. I assume for the same reason as X-23? Because now there is a Ninja-G.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

But the new series is called Ninja-K. I assume for the same reason as X-23? Because now there is a Ninja-G.

If only someone had posted something earlier... maybe right above your post... seven hours earlier. :kidaround: