• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

From What The..?! #3

qxtb38.jpg

Useless trivia: at one point in time, because that issue had a single page of McFarlane art...this one...it was worth the same as DD #257 ($3), which later became much more valuable because of the Punisher appearance.

:cloud9:

16 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Nope. The foil direct edition says Volume Two as well.

Anybody know why it was Volume 2? I know he appeared in Youngblood #3 in flipbook, but the cover on both sides is Youngblood #3. Not sure what the indica says, though.

On 9/13/2018 at 3:40 PM, WhatMeWorry said:

I collect Spider-Ham and I recently found out that there were some S-H original stories in some issues of What The..?!. My LCS bought a huge collection and I was able to buy the issues  Spider-Ham appeared in (except #26, my brother snagged that). Issue #3 is my Fave S-H cover ever. Well, after reading about how the later issues may be HTF, I went back and dug most of the run out of the $1 bins. Thanks to the boards for that tidbit.

2sblh6c.jpg

Hey,

In case you din't see this post . . . . I picked a nice minty copy a couple of days ago:

What The ?! #3

(And a newsstand copy to boot!  . . .  :acclaim:)

Edited by divad

21 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

Some nice, scarce comics, found today: Quasar #32 with the misprinted #1 on the cover, Iron Man #47 Family Dollar Custom Comic and Marvel Adventures Iron Man #1 Custom Comic.

quasar32.jpg

Nice finds. 

Has anyone done research on the amount of Direct Edition copies exist with this error? I believe all of the newsstands were printed with the #1, but there were two Direct Edition versions - 

image.png.15ae03ea4528dded97f369709ce731c1.pngimage.png.b9a1e1c6358a79a2b85f879722767b50.png

Since Quasar was part of the Operation: Galactic Storm cross-over, but usually only available in the direct sales market, Marvel released newsstand editions of #32-34 labelled on the covers as #1-3 for the newsstand market so those buyers would not miss part of the story. However, this was a direct version of the newsstand version. Source

There is only one Direct Sales version of issues #33 and #34.

Edited by awakeintheashes

12 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Nice finds. 

Has anyone done research on the amount of Direct Edition copies exist with this error? I believe all of the newsstands were printed with the #1, but there were two Direct Edition versions - 

image.png.15ae03ea4528dded97f369709ce731c1.pngimage.png.b9a1e1c6358a79a2b85f879722767b50.png

Since Quasar was part of the Operation: Galactic Storm cross-over, but usually only available in the direct sales market, Marvel released newsstand editions of #32-34 labelled on the covers as #1-3 for the newsstand market so those buyers would not miss part of the story. However, this was a direct version of the newsstand version. Source

There is only one Direct Sales version of issues #33 and #34.

This eBay listing shows a direct edition with the #2 on it, the regular direct version says #33

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quasar-33-Capullo-Her-Galactic-Storm-Rare-Newsstand-2-Direct-Variant-NM-M-1992/123354424583?hash=item1cb87f2507:g:1rYAAOSwomVbF0Mu

Here's a listing for a direct edition with #3, regular version is #34

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quasar-34-May-1992-Marvel-Misprint-Galactic-Storm-Mark-Gruenwald-Rurik-Tyler/192663746834?epid=85481133&hash=item2cdba77912:g:6cMAAOSwYXVY0zeZ

Edited by Brother J