Books you just cant find in the Wild
12 12

1,806 posts in this topic

Lonzilla   
  • 2,900 posts
Deadpool The Circle Chase #4 - I'll see 10 each of 1-3 before finding a 4

Had no trouble finding my set . . . :grin:

cAOTAT.jpg

When putting together multiple sets at once I'll have far more of #1-3 than I will of #4. Actually that goes for some other Marvel mini series as well, everyone went big on the first issue only

the authority   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 10,877 posts
Static_Vol_1_45_zpsss2vry8v.jpg

The "White Whale" of my hunting days. Until I see one in hand I don't believe it exists.

"Cover by Moebius" double the reason to find this book.

Real Elijah Snow   
  • 7,298 posts

Beyond just finding one, that book is a bear to get a 9.8 on.

I have never seen a Wonder Woman 72 in a shop anywhere which is odd, have found other books on list though.

SquareChaos   
  • 4,770 posts
[insert the name of any book I'm currently looking for]

Jerome

The difference is that such a post would add to the discussion :baiting:

Can't seem to find 9.8 ready books in the wild, they've all look like they've been read before. Stop the presses.

Here's an example of what I mean; Marvel Knights: Spider-Man #7, #10, Superior Spider-Man #23, Amazing Spider-Man #252. Tons of reader copies on a couple of those books, but nothing worth subbing.

Jerome

I never said you were wrong lol

Except on the one I posted, I've never seen a copy period.

followtheleader   
  • 7,893 posts

Spectre 54, which was mentioned in the past, is one that I never see.

The 1st full volume of Deadpool is tough to find anywhere anymore. When I do see them at even a reasonable price, I buy them.

Pretty much the one-shot issues from that run are tough. Widdle Wade, the Annuals, Deadpoolica, Baby's 1st, etc.

Patrick

Zack1973   
  • 493 posts

In the wild I have yet to find one is Thor Omnibus Michael Turner cover.

UltraMaximus   
  • 1,514 posts
Deadpool (most recent volume) #35. For some reason, I can't find this stupid book. There's nothing special about it at all. But every shop I go into, they have multitudes of mid-20's-34 & then 36-45. But no copies of 35 for some unknown reason.

Because everyone ordered heavily on 34 for the 1:52 Lenticular cover that has been on the wall of my LCS since release!

I can never find the TF books in my signature in the wild, hope I have better luck at Megacon.

Lazyboy   
  • 3,666 posts
NYx 3

Come on really? I have walked into shops with 3 copies. Prolly not right now, but the book isn't hard to come by.

Isn't the point that everybody has different experiences? I think I've seen one copy of NYX 3 at a show once and that's it, but I've seen multiple copies of many of the books that others have listed in this thread.

I don't recall having seen any Showcase '96 3s, but that's probably just because it was never on my radar and should never have been on anybody's radar since it's not the first Birds of Prey.

I've never seen a New Titans 130 in person. I've only seen one copy (VG/F... maybe :sick: ) of Sensational She-Hulk 60. I never see Action Comics 583 (seen two ever, bought one of them) but I see Superman 423 all the time and the same is true about LoSH (v.2) 38 and 37, respectively (shrug)

Aweandlorder   
  • 7,091 posts

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

gradejunky   
  • 2,680 posts
I can never find Wonder Woman(1987) #184 in the wild

Actually, I DID find one of those in the wild, dollar bin style, but the cover was detached at one staple and there was a huge tear on FC as well. With all the other major damage on the unbagged/boarded book I just had to leave it in the wild.......... :(

revat   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 16,235 posts

In general, I find Wonder Woman comics to be very hard to find where I live. I don't know if they were underordered because people hate'em, or they just sold out superfast because people love them, but WW back issues in general are tough. let alone anything that people would actually want.

On an unrelated note, the 'semi-key' I see most often is Xmen Annual 14. They're everywhere, some at good prices, some at less good prices....but they're ubiquitous.

fastballspecial   
  • 15,287 posts
Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

Edited by Fastballspecial

gradejunky   
  • 2,680 posts
In general, I find Wonder Woman comics to be very hard to find where I live. I don't know if they were underordered because people hate'em, or they just sold out superfast because people love them, but WW back issues in general are tough. let alone anything that people would actually want.

On an unrelated note, the 'semi-key' I see most often is Xmen Annual 14. They're everywhere, some at good prices, some at less good prices....but they're ubiquitous.

I've had a lot of luck with this book in the wild myself; got one in a blind discount multi-pack from a store just recently. It is everywhere. Unfortunately, it will never be 266 I don't think but that is for another thread altogether.

Great Copper cover though, damn:

rPwXi8Ph.jpg

Aweandlorder   
  • 7,091 posts

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

Seriously? that book is HTF.. but tougher than CM17 2nd? and Akira 38?

I actually sold it on amazon alongside #44.. Was a good sale too :)

Capture.jpg

deadleg   
  • 692 posts

G.I. Joe Special 1. Never seen it in the wild or at a convention surprisingly. I blame my geographical location though. It's hard to find any decent back issues in shops near me.

Aweandlorder   
  • 7,091 posts
G.I. Joe Special 1. Never seen it in the wild or at a convention surprisingly. I blame my geographical location though. It's hard to find any decent back issues in shops near me.

+1 been looking for one for years

btw Ghost in a shell is DEF HTF (addresing your sig line)

gradejunky   
  • 2,680 posts

gi joe was dead for me for years just until recently. I've never really bought the series as a whole too much, but have been seeing a lot of #50 and up issues in a dollar bins around O-town lately. I think I might just start snaggin them. Weird how certain books are harder to find in areas sometimes, then it shifts around.