• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,486 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2017 at 3:29 PM, fastballspecial said:

Now did they publish those all in the same series? I thought the first series only went to like issue 9. Learn something new every day.

Yes, the series was continual until issue 11. I'll double check the dates to make sure, when i get home.

1 minute ago, Davidone said:

Yes, the series was continual until issue 11. I'll double check the dates to make sure, when i get home.

They were released monthly through issue 11 according to mcs  

3 hours ago, Philflound said:

The majority of Image newsstands are tough to find. It would be interesting to see how rare some are.

I have been hunting them for a while now. I'm only collecting the 1st issues, keys and issues that had huge cover variations like Wildcats #2. I don't have the room for full runs. From my experience, they all seem to be equal in scarcity. I'm still missing a few but I have seen them all (except Youngblood, I don't think it exists.) This may not be true for later issues. You can find them because not many people are looking. Of the first issues, Deathblow 1 may possibly be one of the toughest. It has such an extreme variation, that people notice. The real rarity is finding any of them in 9.2+ condition. The Maxx 1 has been the toughest for me. The all black cover is a newsstand nightmare. I cannot find a copy over 8.5. Shadowhawk 1 has the same problem. I was very lucky finding a nice one of those.

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bFound a Hulk 340 Variant today. Very nice shape which is rare for this book. I haven't seen one for several years they were in a 3 pack at either Family Dollar or Dollar General years ago. Will attach pic later for some reason keeps failing.

hulk340.jpg

That is a nice variant and they don't ever turn up in stores. They were specifically made for Family Dollar stores and were sold in three-packs. The thing is, there are two other comics in that three-pack that are just as rare and three MORE comics in a second three-pack from the same store that are extremely tough to find, too. These are all especially hard to find in high grade because of a printing defect that left many of them with printer roller marks down the center of the cover near the logo.

42 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

That is a nice variant and they don't ever turn up in stores. They were specifically made for Family Dollar stores and were sold in three-packs. The thing is, there are two other comics in that three-pack that are just as rare and three MORE comics in a second three-pack from the same store that are extremely tough to find, too. These are all especially hard to find in high grade because of a printing defect that left many of them with printer roller marks down the center of the cover near the logo.

You mean these? :devil: 

18157432_1728064743886763_1933111836203794633_n.jpg

52 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

:applause:

How long have you been collecting those? I don't see that IM copy much either. Did you collect them when they were out?

Yep. I walked into a DG one day and there they were. On clearance for .63 plus ad additional 25% off. 47 cents after discount!

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Can I ask what you paid? I have had one on my wall at $15 for a year now with no takers.

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Yep. I walked into a DG one day and there they were. On clearance for .63 plus ad additional 25% off. 47 cents after discount!

I remember that. I think I got 3 copies when they came out. I sold all the Iron Man copies overseas to a guy in Australia. The hulk 340 I've only had a couple copies over the years. Until this copy Ive never seen a copy better then Fine.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:26 AM, Davidone said:

I see a few of you collect Image newsstand editions too. Do any of you know if there was a Youngblood 1 newsstand? Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen any newsstands for any issues of Youngblood. Issue 1 has that double cover, so I'm thinking maybe it was on the back, and that's why I haven't seen it? I'm at a loss.... anyone know for sure?

Just picked up Youngblood V2 #1 newsstand along with Cyberforce #1,2, Maxx #1, Shadowhawk #4 with the Savage Dragon on the cover, Spawn #12, 14, 16, 17, 39, 75, 79, 112, Medieval Spawn / Witchblade #3, and Spawn Bible #1. Cleaned house of all these awesome newsstands for $1.20 or less.

8 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

found this bad boy in the $1 box locally a couple weeks ago.  Might have seen it when it first came out but don't remember.  Anyhow, I never see it in the wild:

Creepy movie! Think you're going to get that asking price though?:wishluck: