• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,478 posts in this topic

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

Seriously? that book is HTF.. but tougher than CM17 2nd? and Akira 38?

I actually sold it on amazon alongside #44.. Was a good sale too :)

Capture.jpg

I have had and sold 40-44, but never 45. (worship)

Edited by Fastballspecial

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

I couldn't resist.... :shy:

Static%2045%20personal%20note_zpsknykg0j0.jpg

U sir suck. (worship)

U find it or buy it?

Its just one of those books I want to find. I may break down and cry right in

front of the dealer when I find one.

....Also found a Universe X Spidey in a book store for 4 bucks one day digging through random stuff.

Was it the recalled vers?

Yep. Not the best of condition but a fine reader copy none the less.

Love that recalled comic from all recalls.. Milgrom is such a boss!

Also, as I pointed out early in this thread there are a couple of DC Millennium recalls that are very HTF.. Mad #1 (missing the EC credits in the indicia) and an even tougher one is Jimmy Olsen #1 with the missing Millennium Ed stamp on the cover..

I cant tell you how many $1 Mad Millennium I have bought looking for it.

Sometimes... Just when you THINK you find a comic in the wild.. You end up paying more then what you thought you would..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-lb-Lot-of-DC-Comics-Superman-Batman-more-In-Medium-Flat-Rate-Box-7-/311605991458?hash=item488d2a1822:g:V8UAAOSw9ZdXKrH5

And no.. I didnt "win" this lot

Its amazing how many professionals now watch auctions.

I used to find 35 cent hidden variants years ago on ebay. Its much harder now without paying well for them.

Happy to see some Static 45 copies out there finally.

High grade G.I. Joe 21s were the same way for awhile years ago.

Money brings the books out.

We will see more Static 45s in the next year I bet.

I made a killing when the Static movie news hit, but this 45 has plagued me for years. I will find one some day.

One more for the night.

Anyone who finds this better at least PM me for some props.

Hack Slash Suicide Girls Annual Covers D & E.

E seems just slightly easier to find. Both are very difficult.

One boardie already owes me some props and he better come in here and give me some for his sale on that book. :sumo:

I will never find either copy of this book, but its still fun to look. Its one I don't think will ever be a convention unless its just buried in a box. Dealers just dont know about it. (Now they will all run to their boxes looking. )

Very hard to find with a built in buyer base for it. Its a very naughty book too just so you know.

Edited by Fastballspecial

U sir suck. (worship)

U find it or buy it?

lol I got really lucky and was probably the first person to see it put up on eBay through Mycomicshop that morning in March. I think they under-priced it. Or at least, I would have ponied up much more than they were asking. Held my breath until I received the shipping notification.

....Also found a Universe X Spidey in a book store for 4 bucks one day digging through random stuff.

Also, as I pointed out early in this thread there are a couple of DC Millennium recalls that are very HTF.. Mad #1 (missing the EC credits in the indicia) and an even tougher one is Jimmy Olsen #1 with the missing Millennium Ed stamp on the cover..

I've found quite a few of the Mad variant, I picked up six copies a couple years back and three were the variants :headbang:

In regard to Static 45

Thank you for the pre-order number, I was not able to find it for some reason.

If someone has a graded 9.6 or 9.8 copy please let me know. I've never made a request like this before but I really want this book.

Willing to pay 200+ for 9.6 300+ for 9.8

Edited by FrankWhite

U sir suck. (worship)

U find it or buy it?

lol I got really lucky and was probably the first person to see it put up on eBay through Mycomicshop that morning in March. I think they under-priced it. Or at least, I would have ponied up much more than they were asking. Held my breath until I received the shipping notification.

Was that a $98.00 sale or something like that???

I think I remember seeing that and kicking myself in the arse for being late.

I've found quite a few of the Mad variant, I picked up six copies a couple years back and three were the variants :headbang:

Luck or did you know they were variants?

Deadpool The Circle Chase #4 - I'll see 10 each of 1-3 before finding a 4

Had no trouble finding my set . . . :grin:

cAOTAT.jpg

Saw this book today. Didn't pick it up though.

In regard to Static 45

Thank you for the pre-order number, I was not able to find it for some reason.

If someone has a graded 9.6 or 9.8 copy please let me know. I've never made a request like this before but I really want this book.

Willing to pay 200+ for 9.6 300+ for 9.8

There's only one of each graded CGC and you now know who has the 9.8.

I understand. I would not sell if I had it. Never hurts to make an offer though.

I've got 3 copies none that are "grade worthy"

This is the only book on earth I wanted in super high grade.

I make only a modest living so 300 or so is the highest I'm "allowed" to spend on a comic. My wife would never understand lol

Well you know we're I am if you ever you change your mind.

Hmmmmm...what do you think is a good estimated value for this book? I know it's hard to say because it's worth what someone is willing to pay but maybe 500+???

Edited by FrankWhite