• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

O

So far from my experience there are a very very small potion of the print run for the X-Men holograms have a either slight or total blue hue rather then the green or bronze hologram. My copy above is about a 85-90% or so blue hologram. I had an X-force copy last year that was complete 100% blue. Other then that I have only found 2 of them in several years of looking. Its just a fun challenge. It just an odd variant of the holograms you just only see once in awhile and collectors are chasing getting an entire set.

Thanks.  Interesting how the nuances of what is sought after has changed and developed through the years.  I'll have to keep an eye out for the blue hued holograms now.  :)

7 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Thanks.  Interesting how the nuances of what is sought after has changed and developed through the years.  I'll have to keep an eye out for the blue hued holograms now.  :)

People are running out of things to look for, so are expanding the net quite wide

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

People are running out of things to look for, so are expanding the net quite wide

It's true. With the advent of the internet, eBay, etc, it's no longer a challenge to put together, say, a run of X-Men or Batman or whatever.  If you're willing to spend the money, you can have the books delivered directly to your doorstep with zero difficulty. So these odd variants, errors, newsstands, etc give people something new to hunt. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

It's true. With the advent of the internet, eBay, etc, it's no longer a challenge to put together, say, a run of X-Men or Batman or whatever.  If you're willing to spend the money, you can have the books delivered directly to your doorstep with zero difficulty. So these odd variants, errors, newsstands, etc give people something new to hunt. 

And an additional way to "own" favorite books that they already have! #Guilty

18 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

There have always been niche collectors. It's just easier to see them now.

Don't think that just because a handful of people are looking for some oddity that it has any real value or that you should also collect it. The end result of such thinking is most likely losing money or dissatisfaction with your collection. Collect what you like, not what other people like.

29 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Don't think that just because a handful of people are looking for some oddity that it has any real value or that you should also collect it. The end result of such thinking is most likely losing money or dissatisfaction with your collection. Collect what you like, not what other people like.

Great advice for any new or "newish" collector.  Glad someone posted it.

42 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Yeah, I'll definitely still prioritize "buying to read" over "speculating".  The extent of my collecting would be issues that I know are notable for their stories/first appearances and thus have value to a wider range of people (ie ASM 300, Batman 608, etc).  (Though, if i know it's notable, then it's a guarantee that you seasoned collectors will know long before I do making it worthless for a n00b such as myself to try to buy up a handful of issues :P).  Still fun to see what you all are after.

On 7/25/2017 at 6:11 PM, Wolverinex said:

Found a few Robotech Macross comics today... is there anything rare about these?

Macross Sentinels II from Antarctic seems to be the toughest series to collect. 

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

Is that book a rare book? If so, I had no idea.

Newest overstreet guide value : Batman 635. Up 900% over last year. 1st Jason Todd as Red Hood.

I've wanted this book for the past year...almost bought it at 70 a while back.  Rumor is they are looking at Red Hood for the next Batman movie... regardless, I love the storyline.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Newest overstreet guide value : Batman 635. Up 900% over last year. 1st Jason Todd as Red Hood.

I've wanted this book for the past year...almost bought it at 70 a while back.  Rumor is they are looking at Red Hood for the next Batman movie... regardless, I love the storyline.

Perfect example of why the guide is not guide for Moderns. That book spiked in 2015 and was fairly consistent through 2016. 2017 it's been down a touch comparatively.

Meaning OSPG is about 2 years late to the party.

Bronze books I've seen are priced pretty aggressively to boot.

Edited by ygogolak

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Perfect example of why the guide is not guide for Moderns. That book spiked in 2015 and was fairly consistent through 2016. 2017 it's been down a touch comparatively.

Meaning OSPG is about 2 years late to the party.

Bronze books I've seen are priced pretty aggressively to boot.

Don't burst his bubble! :baiting:

$10 is a super buy. Not as good as when I got one for cover price when it came out, but of course, I sold it long ago, and now that I'm trying to rebuild my Bat collection, the prices are up up up. $10 is a steal, great pick-up!