• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I still don't have one because they are almost always poor grade when I see them. 

Patrick

I don't think I've ever found one that was in really high grade because the book is usually damaged because of the insert that's included in it. That being said, this one looked pretty good for $4. 

Edited by deadleg

On 9/14/2017 at 2:51 AM, Lpgk said:

On a side note, someone recently gave me 15 long boxes of 80s and 90s drek.  Mostly secret wars fillers and lots of image spec issues gone wrong. So basically, nothing of value. Except these two gems ?

52506820352__21111331-EBDC-4871-8040-0132248CAD62.JPG

52506856186__1757091E-BFC5-42BA-B89F-83A82DA3DB33.JPG

Love Hellboy's 1st appearance.:headbang:

17 hours ago, deadleg said:

I always pick this one up when I find it. 

IMG_4234.JPG

Great issue, I've only owned two over the years. I never, ever see it, even in otherwise complete runs. 

21 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Found this after work yesterday.

I know they are relevant right now. I actively hunt for newsstands, and this is a ghost, however I find directs all day long.

20170922_215503.jpg

The money will bring them out. I sold mine in less then 12 hours for $50.00. Just a tough find, but there are more copies out there. 
I got outbid on 2 hidden ones last week so they are actively being chased now.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

The money will bring them out. I sold mine in less then 12 hours for $50.00. Just a tough find, but there are more copies out there. 
I got outbid on 2 hidden ones last week so they are actively being chased now.

I saw one the otherday with a error on the barcode. It was the weirdest thing, it had the direct upc logo "OH MAN" that spiderman states on top of the newsstand barcode.

Now that I think about it, it could be a barcode sticker partially over a direct copy? As in a store purchase barcode.

Edited by maidenmate91