• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2018 at 12:44 AM, Davidone said:

I have seen Wildcats 1 NS graded in 9.8 sell for a very good prices on ebay. I believe $200+ was the last one I saw. The white issue 2 sells decently as well. These are "rare" but not ghosts. Like anything else, they still have to be perfect to acheive a premium.

I would love to see a Maxx 1 or Darker Image sell at auction in 9.8. Never seen it happen. I would not be suprised to see those acheive great prices as well.

I have never seen that Vanguard NS before. Maybe I never looked... thought I had them all. 

Hmmm, Hopefully I have most of the Image NS with the Vanguard 1. is there a list anywhere of all the Image Newstands?      My Wildcats 1 is NM+, Wildcats 2 is a little wavy, not sure if it's water damage or what but debating if I should press it. 

On 1/19/2018 at 12:20 PM, Wolverinex said:

Hmmm, Hopefully I have most of the Image NS with the Vanguard 1. is there a list anywhere of all the Image Newstands?      My Wildcats 1 is NM+, Wildcats 2 is a little wavy, not sure if it's water damage or what but debating if I should press it. 

There is no official list but I believe they did nearly every book but Youngblood, for some unknown reason. If anyone knows of others they did not do, feel free to chime in.

Doing my yearly visit to the in-laws in Florida at the moment. Bored out of my mind. Stealing every spare minute to search comic shops within a 200 mile radius. Here's some rare books I have found so far.

Quantum and Woody 1, variant cover. 1st appearance

Final 2 issues of Acclaim's XO Manowar, 

Final issue of Acclaim's Ninjak,

Final 2 issues of Acclaim's Magnus the Robot Fighter

Last issue of Shadowman, Timewalker and last 2 issues of Rai...

Last issue of Turok, Justice, New 52 Detective Comics 1 5th print, Brigade NS 1.

20180121_015947.jpg

20180121_014501.jpg

20180121_015406.jpg

Edited by Davidone

And this last one I have been trying to find forever! There are a few rare "furry" books that contain early work by Terry Moore. The drawings in these are prototypes for Francine and Katchoo from Strangers in Paradise, according to some fan sites. There are not alot of reference photos for what is actually inside these books. This is the first one I have found and I am not really that impressed. I guess it looks like Francine if you squint hard enough. ?

20180121_015647.jpg

20180121_015731.jpg

Edited by Davidone

15 hours ago, Davidone said:

Doing my yearly visit to the in-laws in Florida at the moment. Bored out of my mind. Stealing every spare minute to search comic shops within a 200 mile radius. Here's some rare books I have found so far.

Quantum and Woody 1, variant cover. 1st appearance

Final 2 issues of Acclaim's XO Manowar, 

Final issue of Acclaim's Ninjak,

Final 2 issues of Acclaim's Magnus the Robot Fighter

Last issue of Shadowman, Timewalker and last 2 issues of Rai...

Last issue of Turok, Justice, New 52 Detective Comics 1 5th print, Brigade NS 1.

20180121_015947.jpg

20180121_014501.jpg

20180121_015406.jpg

That's a nice Brigade 1.  How much was it?

57 minutes ago, Jimbo749 said:

It's about time!!! Finally a Terminator book in the wild. I like that this one has the art going through the barcode box.

I found one that I was tempted to get in the wild at a used book store that I have some credit at. It was the terminator #2, I thought the cover looked awesome :) I didn't get it, but it has been at the used book store the last couple of times that I've gone. I would love to own some OA from this series, I was just so impressed by the cover. Looking it up was hard, since it is "The Terminator '#2'"

term2.jpg

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was just so impressed by the cover. Looking it up was hard, since it is "The Terminator '#2'"

That #2 issue is from the first Terminator mini-series by Dark Horse. Cover by Chris Warner.

My favorite cover on that mini-series is #4, would be an awesome piece of OA

5a66271c33adc_Terminator4.jpg.dd2aeede0197f264aa6fb2bb84f26980.jpg

In over 40 years of collecting comics, the hardest covers I ever tried tracking down were some of Lucio Parrillo's Warlord of Mars covers.  In particular Warlord of Mars #10, #14, and #15. I swear I checked eBay on a pretty much daily basis for well over 16 months and I only saw one copy of #15 go up for sale and I missed out as it was a buy it now auction.  Eventually, I was able to find some copies. It just took a lot of searching and a significant amount of time tracking them down. I have had an easer time tracking down comics that were limited to just 100 copies than I had finding these comics. It wound up taking me about 4-5 years, but I now own 4 copies of each issue and I will continue to buy any of these copies that come to market, as long as their reasonably priced. 

Warlord14covParrillo.jpg

Warlord15covParrillo.jpg

Warlord10covParrillo.jpg

On 1/23/2018 at 7:38 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I was wondering. I bought a collection a few years ago that had that full run and none of those were in there!

Dynamite does alot of variants but you can't tell by the barcode like every other company. You just have to know. Makes it more difficult.