Books you just cant find in the Wild
23 23

3,636 posts in this topic

9,104 posts

Were you the buyer and u returned and were refunded and located the seller by his given address and shredded him? hm 

2,598 posts
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its been a drought of about a year, but I found one last week.
Its a beater, but it counts.

aveng161.thumb.jpg.cf06fa2df7cbe670c49d10fd6691acfa.jpg

Since when is this hard to find? Just curious. 

@deadleg

:baiting::jokealert:

1,335 posts
14 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

@deadleg

First Ant Man? (shrug)

19,712 posts
2 hours ago, deadleg said:
2 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

@deadleg

First Ant Man? (shrug)

I don't think he knows. Its a 35 cent variant from 1977. They were only sold in 5 test cities across the United States.
They were only printed for roughly 3-5 months in the summer/fall. They are extremely difficult to find and high grade is a nightmare.

Some titles only have around a  dozen copies or less known to exist so far. 

Edited by fastballspecial

1,335 posts
3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't think he knows. Its a 35 cent variant from 1977. They were only sold in 5 test cities across the United States.
They were only printed for roughly 3-5 months in the summer/fall. They are extremely difficult to find and high grade is a nightmare.

Some titles only have around a  dozen copies or less known to exist so far. 

Dang! Could have sworn this issue was the first appearance of Ant Man’s ants. doh!

2,598 posts
12 minutes ago, deadleg said:

Dang! Could have sworn this issue was the first appearance of Ant Man’s ants. doh!

Lol sorry I was just having some fun. Yes it's just the 35cent variant. Nice find @fastballspecial

57,121 posts
On 9/29/2019 at 11:51 AM, Wolverinex said:

Found a run of punishers for $0.50 each. Picked up the countdown issues as well as the Armory 10. Does anyone know if Punisher 99 and 89 as well as the war zones 39 and 40 are rare? Also I liked aliens genocide cover. The dead World 10 was $10, so I picked it up as well . 20190929_143832.thumb.jpg.c501c4a27f945ba8c1edaa10d4645589.jpg20190929_143806.thumb.jpg.8c88a9f587d9b2d789762811dd5adbd3.jpg

very nice

3,008 posts
38 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

very nice

Thank you, my friend.  Thinking about flipping the dead world cover so I can see the Crow advertisement instead.

5,555 posts
13 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Forgot to post this. Did a double take when I saw these a few months ago.  Paid a premium,  but it's worth it. 20191003_094205.thumb.jpg.085f9189cfdd4175c754ae129d18414f.jpg20191003_094211.thumb.jpg.f4d7edce9426249ae075ecdfc97b1483.jpg

Ebay? Also, how much of a premium? 

3,008 posts
10 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

Ebay? Also, how much of a premium? 

Local dealer so he knew what he had.  I paid 2x the direct edition but these were very nice copies.  Probably around 9.4- 9.6 if not higher

Edited by Wolverinex

3,294 posts
On 9/10/2019 at 10:55 AM, valiantman said:

No trick questions should be included in the level one skills test. (Alpha Flight #88, etc.) lol

What about She-Hulk 1?

10,616 posts
9 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 9/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, valiantman said:

No trick questions should be included in the level one skills test. (Alpha Flight #88, etc.) lol

What about She-Hulk 1?

Direct has a Spidey-head UPC box; newsstand has a barcode.  Is this a trick question? hm

3,294 posts
2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Direct has a Spidey-head UPC box; newsstand has a barcode.  Is this a trick question? hm

Was actually referring to Sensational, not Savage

10,616 posts
2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Was actually referring to Sensational, not Savage

I don't know the story on that one.  Was it identical for both newsstand and direct editions (with the same barcode for both), or was it not sold on newsstands? hm

At any rate, if there's only one version of the book, then it doesn't qualify for the "Newsstand vs. Direct" identification test I was suggesting.  Similar to when someone wants to say that a book is an "error edition" but there was never a corrected version.  It doesn't matter. lol

102 posts

May seem silly, but I am having a hard time finishing the Usagi Yojimbo Dark Horse series.  4 remain.  Have scoured online retailers and most comic book stores in Nebraska, Iowa and now Chicago.  

3,294 posts
11 hours ago, valiantman said:

I don't know the story on that one.  Was it identical for both newsstand and direct editions (with the same barcode for both), or was it not sold on newsstands? hm

At any rate, if there's only one version of the book, then it doesn't qualify for the "Newsstand vs. Direct" identification test I was suggesting.  Similar to when someone wants to say that a book is an "error edition" but there was never a corrected version.  It doesn't matter. lol

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/446175-copper-books-with-only-a-upc-edition-before-upcs-became-the-norm/

3,704 posts
On 10/4/2019 at 9:50 AM, Wolverinex said:

Local dealer so he knew what he had.  I paid 2x the direct edition but these were very nice copies.  Probably around 9.4- 9.6 if not higher

Sounds like a steal to me. Newsstands from this era are notorious for lower grades and much harder to find.