• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Pic of Static 45 or it didn't happen. (tsk)

Sorry I gotta see it. I haven't even seen a personal scan of this book ever.

Only website pics.

Show me and all give you this (worship)

I couldn't resist.... :shy:

OK this is STUNNING!

I have never been lucky enough to find one at any LCS here in NY or Florida.

I have purchased 3 raw copies on-line over the past 2 years claiming to be NM. Sad to say none were ever as advertised.

There's no way I'm risking another 100.00 unless I see it in person.

LOOKS DISMAL.

Wow, only 2 graded too, 1 9.8, 1 9.6

Got my first ever copy of Batman 635 today along with 2 other elusive ghosts in my travels :grin: ...

<a  href=ghosts.jpg' alt='ghosts.jpg'>

I also found a copy of Stickboy #7 which I've needed for several years

Its funny.. 3 of the books discussed in this thread I found in one batch last month: WW184, Spectre 54 & Static 45.. It was a huge modern collection that was CLEARLY cherry picked as there were no known key issues in the 20 or so boxes offered. But it had TONS of unknown keys such as these, also 3 copies of Akira 35-38, Deathstroke 58-60, Batman Strikes #35-45 (what? you, didnt know about these??) and I cant begin to tell you how many 2nd print variants of big books (Yup including the big one Captain Marvel 17, which is, well, somewhat a better known key hehe)

Only website pics.

Static%2045%20personal%20note_zpsknykg0j0.jpg

OK this is STUNNING!

I have purchased 3 raw copies on-line over the past 2 years claiming to be NM. Sad to say none were ever as advertised.

LOOKS DISMAL.

Almost as stunning as the book is the label error. doh!

After doing some research on that foil GI Joe 33, I can understand why it's so tough to find.

It's a Graham Crackers variant, isn't it?

Yes. Is that the one you were talking about?

I guess I'm going to have to look out for Static 45.

How rare is Warrior #1, the 1st appearance of V?

How about Grendel # 1 from Comico or Primer #2

Oh yeah, Coyote 11 seems to be another book that is just hard to find raw in the wild for me.

Not a Modern Comic, or that one, or that one, or that one. (tsk)

Only website pics.

Static%2045%20personal%20note_zpsknykg0j0.jpg

OK this is STUNNING!

LOOKS DISMAL.

Almost as stunning as the book is the label error. doh!

What's the error?

A comic dealer and good friend told me about 4.5K on that static 45. Don't know how accurate or true. Only what I was told by a comic vet that knows his stuff.

What's the error?

A comic dealer and good friend told me about 4.5K on that static 45. Don't know how accurate or true. Only what I was told by a comic vet that knows his stuff.

Release date is way off

What's the error?

Release date is way off

Like pre-dates Static 1 way off. lol

Estimated Diamond North American preorders are 4767 according to Comichron. Total print run and distribution are unknown, though not likely significantly higher than that.

Sometimes... Just when you THINK you find a comic in the wild.. You end up paying more then what you thought you would..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-lb-Lot-of-DC-Comics-Superman-Batman-more-In-Medium-Flat-Rate-Box-7-/311605991458?hash=item488d2a1822:g:V8UAAOSw9ZdXKrH5

And no.. I didnt "win" this lot

One book amongst all the drek.

Sometimes... Just when you THINK you find a comic in the wild.. You end up paying more then what you thought you would..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-lb-Lot-of-DC-Comics-Superman-Batman-more-In-Medium-Flat-Rate-Box-7-/311605991458?hash=item488d2a1822:g:V8UAAOSw9ZdXKrH5

Uninformed seller.

Could have been higher if seller knew what he/she had. Talk about buyers luck.....

Uninformed seller.

Could have been higher if seller knew what he/she had. Talk about buyers luck.....

It's a goodwill. They don't care or have the time to research all those books.