• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

Still on the hunt filling in my small press and a few other books that I'm missing. I'm happy to say I did get some books I was missing, mostly for a quarter each. Not totally perfect, but probably VF or better.

I did pick up 11 more Image newsstands: Cyberforce 1st series #2,3, 2nd series #2, Union #1, Pact #1, Newmen #2,3, Kindred #3, Wildstar #1, Savage Dragon 1st series #2, and Superpatriot #4.

BTW, how hard is a Superman #53 2nd print to find? I can't find one on Ebay and mycomicshop doesn't list it. Comiccollectorlive has 3 copies, 2 of those asking $20+

Edited by Philflound

32 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Based on the number of Image Newstands in this thread they don't seem as hard to find hm compared to other books in this thread

not hating, just observating 

-yes I know that's not a word

Agreed. There are a bunch of newsstands too! :grin:

I don't think I have seen one either.

I did see a beatup Deathblow 3 News never seen one before. 

The Image Newsstands are out there they aren't all scarce, the number just falls when you try to get NM or above.
I mean come on Image printed their books to death so it would be reasonable to assume there is a decent Newsstand 
run of many. The later issues I bet are pretty hard though.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't think I have seen one either.

I did see a beatup Deathblow 3 News never seen one before. 

The Image Newsstands are out there they aren't all scarce, the number just falls when you try to get NM or above.
I mean come on Image printed their books to death so it would be reasonable to assume there is a decent Newsstand 
run of many. The later issues I bet are pretty hard though.

I actually don't think there's too many, it's just everyone has junked all of their image over time, and only in the past few months have people started collecting them. 

So their all out there still, but will probably be gone all gone in the next year or so.

judging by how over printed the direct are, the newsstand print run ratio is still probably quite low.

Seeing/hearing about a couple of copies of Image ns does not make them common at all. Not sure which Gen 13 #1 you are referring to, but I passed on a #1 ongoing because it was really beat, probably a VG at best and didn't think it would be worth storing. Not sure how many ns I have picked up in the past year, but I don't think it's more than 50-60 different issues total. Definitely not a lot.

Only Gen13 1 newsstand I've found is of the ongoing, as well, and it doesn't seem to command much at all. And yeah, you have to think, how many Savage Dragon #1 newsstand editions have you found for every direct edition... granted, I've found 3 in the last 6 months or so, all in dollar bins, but I've come across probably 50 or so directs. And I'm running across more Spawn #1 ns now, but that's well after the market was made aware of the scarcity, and they're all marked up. At Soda City last weekend, I found 4, all marked up to at least $75 with no indication of whether the centerfold is intact. That still doesn't come close to the number of regular editions I find, many of those marked at $20 or so.

Edit: Also, that Spawn #97 newsstand is a good find... I've only come across one ever, and I scooped it up. This was a few years ago. Still trying to find a ns #96... Just glad I found a ns of #100 for just over cover price at Heroes this year.

Edited by BishopT

On 8/30/2017 at 4:40 PM, revat said:

IMG_8738.jpg

Several of those Groo trade paperbacks, whether from epic or from Dark Horse, are pretty rare. I'm not sure why Dark Horse doesn't do those big omnibus trade paperbacks of Groo, but some of these TPBs command high prices when they pop up. I always buy them when I find them in stores, but that's not very often. At one point, Borders (when it was still around) had them for sale and clearanced them, so I bought what they had, but that was years ago. Haven't seen many since.

Edited by Michael Browning

7 hours ago, KOLMARAVENUE said:

Official Request: please have a new thread created for Image Newsstand Variants? I think we can all agree on the fact that they should have their own thread and leave us to our own devices?

Considering how little activity this forum sees that is really not necessary.

The update did seem to hurt the activity of this board. We seem to pick new members now and then maybe in a year or two numbers will come back. I haven't noticed a drop in board sales though so the money is still here. There isn't another board I know with a strong selling area like ours.