• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2017 at 8:42 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Isn't this also the first Alex Ross

Yes, his first published work. His first Marvel work is in a bookshelf format book called Open Space I believe.

In additon to Burning Earth there's a 2-issue mini called All My Futures Past with some nice painted covers (not Ross, I don't think)

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes, his first published work. His first Marvel work is in a bookshelf format book called Open Space I believe.

In additon to Burning Earth there's a 2-issue mini called All My Futures Past with some nice painted covers (not Ross, I don't think)

Don't have that series yet, but will be looking out for it. I wasn't able find a whole lot of information on the series, only found cover artist for issue #2 (Hannibal King) 

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Don't have that series yet, but will be looking out for it. I wasn't able find a whole lot of information on the series, only found cover artist for issue #2 (Hannibal King) 

Continuing the adventure of Image newsstands that aren't terribly hard to find in the wild, I finally found a Wildstar newsie this weekend.

photo sep 10, 12 02 43 am.jpg

A few more Terminator pick-ups. Does anyone know why some of these issues had the "Approved by CCA" stamp and others didn't? I checked the cover gallery at (www.comics.org) and it looks like only Issues #8-#12 had the CCA stamp, the rest did not.

*Edit - Figured out NOW Comics was a late adopter of the CCA and didn't use it until Spring of 1989, which matches up with issue #8.

Terminator-NOW.thumb.jpg.c7be85105042e45d23f2dc54ede024f6.jpg

Edited by Jimbo749
Answering my own question

You guys want to see a really rare modern comic?  Below is a really really rare modern comic that I just submitted to CGC.  It may be the only one.  It's also historically interesting as it led the NCAA to change their recruiting rules.  You can read about it in these Sports Illustrated articles:

https://www.si.com/college-football/photos/2008/06/23oregons-jonathan-stewart-comic-book

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014/05/19/11-college-football-recruiting-tactics-stories-methods

https://www.si.com/more-sports/2008/06/23/recruiting-main

oregon-comic-cover.jpg

Strangely enough, I just purchased a large lot of 90s comics and they were nearly all newsstand. I did have some Malibu NS, which I did not even know exist. 

Primarily, the lot was marvel and D.C. With some image and Malibu thrown in. 

If anyone is interested in pics, I can post em. Still going through the lot 

14 hours ago, Lpgk said:

On a side note, someone recently gave me 15 long boxes of 80s and 90s drek.  Mostly secret wars fillers and lots of image spec issues gone wrong. So basically, nothing of value. Except these two gems ?

52506820352__21111331-EBDC-4871-8040-0132248CAD62.JPG

52506856186__1757091E-BFC5-42BA-B89F-83A82DA3DB33.JPG

Are you just goofing with the Vanilla Ice or do people legitimately want that?