• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2017 at 4:35 PM, BishopT said:

Haha, I'm in Columbia sc... and while I may be on top of my back issue game around here, the new issue market is a beast. People are piranhas around here on new comics.

SC has some good back issue shops. I did some work there and found some good ones a few years ago

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Man we should publish a book from this thread. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to 80+ pages
of great knowledge and information lol. :golfclap:

half of the pager are Image newstand posts :baiting:

Edited by jsilverjanet

Some of the hardest comics to find in shops are the SoMuchFun, Inc. reprints. I think most dealers don't have a clue as to what they are. The few that I've found over the years since I discovered the line and interviewed the owner of SoMuchFun for CBG have been in dollar boxes (mainly because most are in VG or worse condition). I pick them up whenever I find them but I haven't found that many. The best one I found was a VG GI Joe 63 for 50 cents. I ended up selling it for $135.

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

And a few others I've found lately. Nothing nearly as cool as the Deathstroke 58 or the Nightmares on Elm Street. BTW, one of my local shop owners knows this thread exists and now is pricing the newsstand variants a lot higher. 

marriedwithchildren1.jpg

rust1.JPG

Aw man, Rust is such a great book.

4 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

And a few others I've found lately. Nothing nearly as cool as the Deathstroke 58 or the Nightmares on Elm Street. BTW, one of my local shop owners knows this thread exists and now is pricing the newsstand variants a lot higher. 

marriedwithchildren1.jpg

rust1.JPG

Hmm maybe a boardie talked a little too much with a shop owner. :whistle:

Edited by fastballspecial

45 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Nah, the shop owner was watching everything I was picking out (because the owner knows I don't actively collect comics anymore, but knows I like to pick up things to resell every now and again) and noticed that it was all newsstands. The next time I went in, the prices were super high. The shop owner started researching the newsstands that were in the long boxes (that had set there for years) and raised the prices on every newsstand copy.

9 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:

Nah, the shop owner was watching everything I was picking out (because the owner knows I don't actively collect comics anymore, but knows I like to pick up things to resell every now and again) and noticed that it was all newsstands. The next time I went in, the prices were super high. The shop owner started researching the newsstands that were in the long boxes (that had set there for years) and raised the prices on every newsstand copy.

Based on what, exactly?

2 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I could see it if they are high grade. If not he is kidding himself. I have no problems selling Image or Marvel/DC newsstands in NM or higher because they are very tough. Below that grade they better be hard to find.

7 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

marriedwithchildren1.jpg

rust1.JPG

How?.....

Rule #1 of fight club, don't talk about fight club! :devil: 

Killer pickups btw.