• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,477 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2018 at 4:48 PM, ygogolak said:

Those are all 1:15 variant btw.

Yeah, I was aware of that but even taking that into account, I would think they would have been much easier to track down. I see many copies that are 1:500 & 1:1000 more than I do some of Parrillo's 1:15's. Obviously it depends on the size of the total print run just how rare ratio variants are, but I still never would have guessed those comics would be as difficult as they were to track down. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

9 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

Yeah, I was aware of that but even taking that into account, I would think they would have been much easier to track down. I see many copies that are 1:500 & 1:1000 more than I do some of Parrillo's 1:15's. Obviously it depends on the size of the total print run just how rare ratio variants are, but I still never would have guessed those comics would be as difficult as they were to track down. 

Almost nobody is buying 15 copies of Dynamites Warlord of Mars. They may print 2,000 total. 500 or 1000 copies of Amazing Spider-Man is not that outlandish considering they may print 100,000.

6 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

If I'm not mistaken, ration variants are banned from this thread

If thats the case then the original poster should make that be known in the very first post in the thread. I'm not about to go reading 90+ pages of posts to see if its ok to post up a few 1:15 variants. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

1 minute ago, OrangeCrush said:

If thats the case then the original poster should make that be known in the very first post in the thread. I'm not about to go reading 90+ pages of posts to see if its ok to post up a few 1:15 variants. 

U can post anything u want, it's still free, just not too sure you'd get positive reaction in this thread about variants. Just helping out bud

10 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

U can post anything u want, it's still free, just not too sure you'd get positive reaction in this thread about variants. Just helping out bud

Its all good and I certainly appreciate the heads up if that is in fact the case. Again, I was just stating that if the original poster really wants to keep this thread focused on regular comics and not variants, he should really make that clear in the initial post for the thread. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

44 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

If I'm not mistaken, ration variants are banned from this thread

39 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Ha, not banned. I suggested it at one time because obviously ratios are harder to find than a regular cover.

Im not the originator of the thread.

16 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

You could try actually reading the OP. (shrug)

Sure, he used hyperbole to say it ("I am not talking about those 1/500 variants."), but the point has been clear to almost everybody for the last 93 pages.

The thread was meant to be about "books you don't see a lot that you should see more of" rather than incentive variants from titles that only a dozen people bought in any form (before it somehow became the Image Newsstand thread for many pages :sick:).

31 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Sure, he used hyperbole to say it ("I am not talking about those 1/500 variants."), but the point has been clear to almost everybody for the last 93 pages.

The thread was meant to be about "books you don't see a lot that you should see more of" rather than incentive variants from titles that only a dozen people bought in any form (before it somehow became the Image Newsstand thread for many pages :sick:).

I did read the OP and stating that he wasn't talking about 1:500 variants doesn't automatically equate to all variants, at least not to me. If he had meant all variants, why not just say it as opposed to singling out super rare 1:500 variants? I am pretty sure it could have been stated in the same amount of space. And again, I didn't read the last 93 pages. That was my entire point, which you CLEARLY missed, that I wasn't going to read 93 pages of a thread to figure out what could have easily been stated in the initial post. 

And I think the point has already been made. To bring this up yet again is just being argumentative. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

10 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:
34 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I did read the OP and stating that he wasn't talking about 1:500 variants doesn't automatically equate to all variants, at least not to me. If he had meant all variants, why not just say it as opposed to singling out super rare 1:500 variants? I am pretty sure it could have been stated in the same amount of space. 

Because I didn't want to come off looking like an :censored: for talking about variants. I could have easily said that, but I thought most would
understand especially after they read a few pages and didn't see any variants.

I wanted a thread that was about comics that are hard to find. That weren't manufactured variants. Last issues, 1st app,
scarcity, hard to find issues, high grade hard to find all that stuff.

You are chasing comics that are produced with scarcity in mind which is an entirely different market that honestly has both
a lot of manipulation and corruption in it. There are several threads you can post on here for that reason. Nothing wrong with
what you are collecting we just don't discuss them here for all the above reasons.

Edited by fastballspecial

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Because I didn't want to come off looking like an :censored: for talking about variants. I could have easily said that, but I thought most would

I wanted a thread that was about comics that are hard to find. That weren't manufactured variants.

You are chasing comics that are produced with scarcity in mind which is an entirely different market that honestly has both
a lot of manipulation and corruption in it. There are several threads you can post on here for that reason. Nothing wrong with
what you are collecting we just don't discuss them here for all the above reasons.

Jesus, give it a rest already. Again, the point has already been made, lol. I guess some people just love to argue.

Edited by OrangeCrush

3 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:
4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I wanted a thread that was about comics that are hard to find. That weren't manufactured variants.

Jesus, give a rest already. Again, the point has already been made, lol. I guess some people just love to argue.

That was my first post you are confusing me with others. I am the OP of this thread.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

That was my first post you are confusing me with others.

Forgive me father for I have sinned. I mistakenly assumed it was ok to post 1:15 variants in a thread dedicated to regular comics. Happy now? Can we put it to bed yet?

On 8/7/2017 at 11:41 PM, Michael Browning said:

I found a Spawn Batman newsstand edition in a dollar box today. It is in VG, but, still, it's the first copy I have ever seen. I also found a WildCATS 1 3D edition. I had never seen one of those before.

Has different cover stock - its much less stiff. I found one today at the Tysons show in a 50 cent box.