• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink stickers???

22 posts in this topic

Just got a big shipment of slabs from Clink, and they all have that stupid sticker on the back of the actual slab. Some of these are for me, and I don't care much. Some of these are for resale, and I would assume that would bug some customers. Have they always done this?

Anybody want to provide the short version of Comiclink's rationale for continuing to use the stickers, when they know it bothers a lot of people?

Free Advertising, Same reason why when you buy a car, the dealership puts their name decals on the back of your car

Anybody want to provide the short version of Comiclink's rationale for continuing to use the stickers, when they know it bothers a lot of people?

Free Advertising, Same reason why when you buy a car, the dealership puts their name decals on the back of your car

My car had a dealership frame around the license plate. Easy enough to remove with a Philips screwdriver. I guess we should be glad Comiclink doesn't screw their name into the slab.

I despise that they slap their stickers on the slab but what's even worse is that you have to be some kind of chemist to remove the residue left over. At least Pedigree and HA use stickers that come right off. I just ordered these after being recommended them numerous times.

http://www.amazon.com/B16400-Remover-Adhesive-Professional-Disposables/dp/B005MRSA0S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1463539105&sr=8-1&keywords=pdi+adhesive+tape+remover+pads

Peel the paper top off leaving the adhesive and then Goo Gone with a old piece of a bath towel comes right off

Goo Gone

Just read Goo Gone is not recommended in the other thread I don't soak the sticker in it just a small spray on the cloth and I rub it off then I actually go over it with glass cleaner to remove the smell of oranges

Edited by JWKyle

I despise that they slap their stickers on the slab but what's even worse is that you have to be some kind of chemist to remove the residue left over. At least Pedigree and HA use stickers that come right off. I just ordered these after being recommended them numerous times.

http://www.amazon.com/B16400-Remover-Adhesive-Professional-Disposables/dp/B005MRSA0S/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1463539105&sr=8-1&keywords=pdi+adhesive+tape+remover+pads

At first I didn't like these pads but after using them for awhile, they work really well. Like has been mentioned, just peel the sticker off the best you can and the remaining stuff on the slab comes off great with these.

At first I didn't like these pads but after using them for awhile, they work really well. Like has been mentioned, just peel the sticker off the best you can and the remaining stuff on the slab comes off great with these.

I'm glad that you think they work well! Why didn't you like them at first?

For me, they still take a decent amount of time to remove the sticker entirely. And sometimes I've had to use more than one pad.

I used to use a hairdryer then Goo Gone. And the pads are better than that. But the stickers are still a stupid pain in the arse.

For me, they still take a decent amount of time to remove the sticker entirely. And sometimes I've had to use more than one pad.

I used to use a hairdryer then Goo Gone. And the pads are better than that. But the stickers are still a stupid pain in the arse.

If it's possible, I'll make it happen. The first time I tried getting one off I ended up using steel wool and windex and I scratched the case up pretty good. :insane: I'm sure this is a much better method.

I won't purchase a car from a dealership until they remove the sticker or badge (if it's a license plate frame I can handle removing it myself) as if I'm happy with the service I'll tell people. I'm not buying something from them to be a mobile billboard.

As for the C-Link stickers, WD-40 is a pretty solid adhesive remover and it shouldn't harm the case plastic.

I just got them in the mail. They work like magic. The adhesive came off in a couple swipes. Wow.

Edited by WilliamG.Staggers

They could or should just bag the book and then seal the bag with their aftermarket sticker, serving both branding and being tamper proof / resistant to the case inside, but I'd agree in that any aftermarket stickers on the case can be an eyesore, that's why so many bag their CGC cases to avoid surface scratches, chips and cracks to the case itself, which is designed to protect the book inside, so now it's putting the case in a case, like slapping on 2 condoms and double baggin' it...

True - I am aware of such a sticker on new or used cars during purchase and remember specifically telling dealership to remove such sticker during there wash/clean service before I pull off the lot -- easy, but ComicLinkk does not offer such service of removing sticker after a phone call or any corrospondence -- so sad.

HOLY SMOKES! The WD40 trick worked -- just received Preacher 1 in the mail from Comic Link and noticed the sticker in the back and tried rubbing alcohol as first but that did not make a dent in the sticky stuff, read your comments, and used some WD40 I had around the house and it worked like magic - fast and easy! Thanks -