• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Favorite Copper Age Cover(s)
5 5

319 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2017 at 1:06 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Honestly, Im surprised IH377 is not a hall of famer.. Its probably the most iconic modern hulk cover.. Every time I see it in the wild in NM i grab a copy, I probably have 20-30 already

It's my favorite so it should be a hall of famer..  I don't have all the variations of it unless you count the Weapon H that just came out but still that is an awesome cover.

On 5/5/2018 at 1:05 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Soooo many great Bolland Animal Man covers but this one in particular is a personal favorite :cloud9:

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Yep, the longer Bolland stays under appreciated, the better (as far as I'm concerned) - just love his covers.  :luhv:

On 9/16/2017 at 4:06 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Honestly, Im surprised IH377 is not a hall of famer.. Its probably the most iconic modern hulk cover.. Every time I see it in the wild in NM i grab a copy, I probably have 20-30 already

Love 377 and Keown was my favorite Hulk artist.  340 is more iconic though.

On 5/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, I like pie said:

Alan Davis:cloud9:

excgc - Copy.jpg

Oooh yeah, this is also one that I always pick up. I think there are at least four different pricing variations to hunt, which makes it fun. This was also my favorite book when I was a kid, I was in love with Davis' take on Kitty Pryde. You can never have too many of these!

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Alan Davis is criminally under-rated.  

I agree.  Uncanny X-Men 213 and Annual 11 were some of my favorites as a kid.  I am also a big fan of his Detective Comics work.  I never could get into Excalibur, though I do appreciate the art.  

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

Favorite Copper cover and greatest cover of all of time (comics, life in general):

2dhd21d.jpg

Funny that CGC should get the cover penciller wrong on such a famous book.  It isn't Larry Hama - it's Ed Hannigan.  Has CGC corrected the attribution on recent slabs?

On 5/14/2018 at 7:12 PM, chrisco37 said:

Always thought he was the “poor mans Bolland”; smooth, super clean lines, well proportioned.

That would explain the abundance of him in my collection. :grin: