• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Favorite Copper Age Cover(s)
5 5

319 posts in this topic

I figure these have to be my favorites...mainly because the label in my filing system reads "Favorite Covers"

Plus: I posted way back in 2016 that the Flash and TT issues were my 2 favs...guess some things never change.

Teen Titans 13: Can't have a favorite copper covers without a George Perez, right? He had a ton but this was always my favorite.

Jonah Hex 91: A cover swipe from a Superman comic, I believe(I have it but can't remember the issue. Simple and white background=awesome!

Flash 310: Giffen and have always loved Dr. Fate...Fate's own series through the years have had some great covers, too.

House of Mystery 286: Love mummy covers, love girls in peril covers, love Kubert.

Elvira's House of Mystery: Dave Stevens!

TT13.jpeg

JH.jpeg

Flash.jpeg

HOM.jpeg

HOM 1.jpeg

Edited by johnenock

On 2/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm surprised the last few issues of Marvel Fanfare don't seem to get the attention that some other covers get.

Marvel_Fanfare_Vol_1_59.jpg

Marvel_Fanfare_Vol_1_58.jpg

Marvel_Fanfare_Vol_1_57.jpg

Marvel_Fanfare_Vol_1_56.jpg

Painted covers are the best and these are no exception.

On 12/22/2018 at 8:22 PM, FineCollector said:

1000?cb=20091105231705

I've never bothered to pay close attention to this cover.  The actual image is not well done at all.  poor effort by Silvestri.  The colorist basically turned this into an iconic image from this run.  Silvestri owes the colorist a round of drinks.