• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Favorite Copper Age Cover(s)
5 5

319 posts in this topic

The only artist from the copper age I like better than Zeck is Arthur Adams.  His run on Classic X-Men makes up the earliest comic memories I have.  It was hard to choose one but in the end I have to go with this one:

Image result for classic x men

It may not be one that jumps right out at you initially but after many years of comic art appreciation I can truly say that this one transcends comics and enters into the realm of fine art in general.  Every line is perfectly placed and it is impossible for me to think of a classier piece that is out there.

10 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

The only artist from the copper age I like better than Zeck is Arthur Adams.  His run on Classic X-Men makes up the earliest comic memories I have.  It was hard to choose one but in the end I have to go with this one:

Image result for classic x men

It may not be one that jumps right out at you initially but after many years of comic art appreciation I can truly say that this one transcends comics and enters into the realm of fine art in general.  Every line is perfectly placed and it is impossible for me to think of a classier piece that is out there.

1984-1990 were Adams in peak form. He was a master of textures. He changed the game forever. Hair lines, muscle definition, costume/clothes wrinkles, background grids.. everything changed with him. He just did it in his own unique way and it was so amazing.

He also knew how to master space dynamics in a composition. Busy vs plain. He would never choke an image with lines.. 

Heres a perfect example of just those things in his art

IMG_2749.JPG

2 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Honestly, Im surprised IH377 is not a hall of famer.. Its probably the most iconic modern hulk cover.. Every time I see it in the wild in NM i grab a copy, I probably have 20-30 already

I'm the way. I always grab it if I see for cheap. Never got the rare later printings tho 

vrSxwGx.jpg

One of my favorite issues of ASM.

DA1hxGj.jpg

I'm a big New Mutants fan, and this is one of my many favorite issues.

kwHTs4T.jpg

And another...

jslCqo0.jpg

Did I mention I like hulk/spidey cross overs?

fr4iPZZ.jpg?1

And one of my favorite batman's.  Now if only I could find a spawn 230 in decent condition to go with it.  

On 10/1/2017 at 7:14 PM, jisatsulol said:

fr4iPZZ.jpg?1

And one of my favorite batman's.  Now if only I could find a spawn 230 in decent condition to go with it.  

For Batman's cape to be so high up on the left side of the cover, his hand has to be holding it there, right? So whose hand is that embracing the woman?

vrSxwGx.jpg&key=c061f9dda2cddd9c571653b9

This is one of my favorites as well, and not just the cover art but the story/ending.  It was also one I have kept since I was a kid, although I did buy one more thats in much better condition. 

This was one I picked up a few years ago.. 

37777819584_0dc39f34e2_z.jpgStan Lee & Mark Bagley signed AMS SS by illest05, on Flickr

Edited by Andthen