• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics' More Fun Collection Is For SALE!!!!!!

301 posts in this topic

More Fun Comics #33 Billy Wright pedigree (DC, 1938) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white pages.

Gerber rates this issue a 7 or "scarce" on their Scarcity Index, and this copy is one of only five that have been certified as unrestored by CGC to date. Only one copy grades higher.

The cover is by Vin Sullivan, with interior art by Joe Shuster, Bernard Baily, and Bob Kane.

Not an easy issue to find, I can attest to that!

$1,050.00

lf-1.jpg

More Fun Comics #90 (DC, 1943) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Off-white pages.

Not only does Cliff Young's cover give us Green Arrow and Speedy in superhero action, DC managed to put it a "buy war bonds" plug as well. Green Arrow stars in the lead feature, too, also drawn by Young. Other heroes in the book are Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Johnny Quick (drawn by Mort Meskin), and the Spectre.

From the Northern Lights Collection.

$1,500.00

MoreFun90_zpshp8j941t.jpg

More Fun Comics #107 (DC, 1946) CGC 8.5 Off-White pages.

This was the last superhero issue of this title and thus the last appearance in the book of Superboy, Green Arrow, Aquaman, and Johnny Quick -- the four regulars all moved to Adventure Comics thereafter, leaving this series an all-humor affair. Funny twins Dover and Clover drew cover honors here.

The most notable artist of the issue is Mort Meskin, who drew the Johnny Quick story. This issue is a Gerber "7," and only the Church copy grades higher.

Crippen "D" Copy

$800.00

MoreFun107.rev_zpsoplxvx3t.jpg

More Fun Comics #62 (DC, 1940) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white pages.

Bernard Baily drew this dramatic cover; yes, the Spectre really could grow to that size! In addition to the Spectre story with Baily art, this issue has heroes such as Dr. Fate and Congo Bill.

$3,000.00

More-Fun-62.rev_zpsygyqt6ok.jpg

More Fun Comics #62 (DC, 1940) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white pages.

Bernard Baily drew this dramatic cover; yes, the Spectre really could grow to that size! In addition to the Spectre story with Baily art, this issue has heroes such as Dr. Fate and Congo Bill.

$3,000.00

More-Fun-62.rev_zpsygyqt6ok.jpg

That book is gorgeous!

More Fun Comics #35 (DC, 1938) CGC 8.0

Fantastic Creig Flessel cover. Bob Kane and Bernard Baily stories and art. Joe Shuster art.

There are only FOUR graded copies of this book, and other than an incredible 9.4 the other two are a 1.0 and 1.8!!!!! In 15 years, Heritage has only offered ONE copy for sale!!!!

I sold my CGC 1.0 copy for $1,650.00 in 2010!!!!

So this is a steal for $2,500.00. Good luck finding a copy!!!!!

MF35-2.jpg

More Fun Comics #23 (DC, 1937) CGC VF/NM 9.0 Cream to off-white pages.

Pre-hero issues of More Fun are incredibly rare, and to find one in high grade from 1937 is truly amazing. No surprise but this is the highest graded copy.

Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster story and art.

From the Gary Keller Collection.

$2,400.00

MF23.jpg

Pre-hero issues of More Fun are incredibly rare, and to find one in high grade from 1937 is truly amazing. No surprise but this is the highest graded copy.

$2,400.00

MF23.jpg

:takeit:

More Fun Comics #84 CGC NM 7.0

The Green Arrow and Speedy "set Traps for Japs" on this raucous Japanese War cover by George Papp. The contents of this wonderful copy include Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Johnny Quick, and Spectre stories.

Three copies grade higher. Cool war cover!

$650.00

MF84cgc_zpsa6q33mlt.jpg

Fantastic Creig Flessel cover. Bob Kane and Bernard Baily stories and art. Joe Shuster art.

There are only FOUR graded copies of this book, and other than an incredible 9.4 the other two are a 1.0 and 1.8!!!!! In 15 years, Heritage has only offered ONE copy for sale!!!!

MF35-2.jpg

$2,400.00

MF23.jpg

:applause:

This one will look good in your collection NM! (thumbs u

MF35-2.jpg

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Sorry to see this one go!!!! Make sure it has a good home! :headbang:

MF35-2.jpg

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Sorry to see this one go!!!! Make sure it has a good home! :headbang:

(thumbs u Thank you.