• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics' More Fun Collection Is For SALE!!!!!!

301 posts in this topic

More Fun Comics #35 (DC, 1938) CGC 8.0

Fantastic Creig Flessel cover. Bob Kane and Bernard Baily stories and art. Joe Shuster art.

There are only FOUR graded copies of this book, and other than an incredible 9.4 the other two are a 1.0 and 1.8!!!!! In 15 years, Heritage has only offered ONE copy for sale!!!!

I sold my CGC 1.0 copy for $1,650.00 in 2010!!!!

So this is a steal for $2,500.00. Good luck finding a copy!!!!!

MF35-2.jpg

:takeit:

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Sorry to see this one go!!!! Make sure it has a good home! :headbang:

(thumbs u Thank you.

The only time I have ever seen one of these was in the Gerber books....such a tough book to find and a good price too...just love the cover...

so much going on in it :cloud9::cloud9:

More Fun Comics #85 (DC, 1942) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white to white pages.

Normally, plummeting to the ground with your hands and feet tied up would be cause for alarm. But if you're pals with Green Arrow, it's no biggie -- see this issue's George Papp cover for evidence. More Fun had quite an impressive roster of characters in those days; features include Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Johnny Quick (with Mort Meskin art), and the Spectre.

Two copies graded higher. From the Northern Lights Collection.

$900.00

MoreFun85_zpspv2d0eoe.jpg

More Fun Comics #86 (DC, 1942) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white pages.

An often-forgotten aspect of Johnny Quick's powers was that, unlike the Flash, when Johnny got up to top speed, he could take off and fly! See him in action here, on a cover illustration by Mort Meskin (one of only three More Fun cover appearances for Johnny). Meskin drew the accompanying story as well. The other superheroes appearing here are Green Arrow, Doctor Fate, Aquaman, and the Spectre.

Some of these issues in the 80s are really difficult to find. In fact, Heritage has only offered three copies of #86 in 15 years!! And none since 2010. I have owned this copy since 2005. There are two copies that have graded higher and only five in the CGC census total.

From the Northern Lights Collection.

$725.00

MoreFun86_zpsknbcuvk8.jpg

More Fun Comics #88 (DC, 1943) CGC VF 8.0 Cream to off-white pages.

The lineup of heroes in More Fun was tough to beat -- two enduring DC heroes in Aquaman and Green Arrow, two Justice Society guys in the Spectre and Doctor Fate, plus fleet-footed Johnny Quick, who profited from the art of Mort Meskin in this issue. The cover is by Cliff Young. CGC notes, "Light tanning interior front and back cover."

Again, another difficult issue to locate. Heritage has only seen five copies in 15 years, and while there was a raw copy in Good condition that was sold in 2015, no CGC copy has been sold since I bought this one eleven years ago!!! Two copies grade higher.

From the Northern Lights Collection.

$900.00

MoreFun88_zpswerzvvbt.jpg

More Fun Comics #89 (DC, 1943) CGC VF 8.0 Off-white to white pages.

The Green Arrow and Speedy practice their archery skills on some unfortunate criminals on Cliff Young's clever cover for this Golden Age title. The issue also features the origin of the Green Arrow and Speedy team.

One copy grades higher. There is a restored CGC 9.4 copy which is the Church pedigree. I own that too if you're interested! ;)

$1,000.00

MoreFun89_zpswlmvandu.jpg

More Fun Comics #119 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1947) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages.

What is there to say about this issue? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? It is a 9.8!!! Obviously it is the Church copy!

These last few humor-themed issues are incredibly difficult to find. And here's proof - there are only two other copies that are graded of this issue and they are both way down below at 4.0.

Note that the CGC slab has a four-inch crack at the top rear.

$2,000.00

MoreFun119_zps1igrtdwx.jpg

More Fun Comics #127 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1947) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages.

I love, love, love this cover. :luhv:

It's the last issue of my favorite DC series, sigh. This final issue is called "scarce" by both Overstreet and Gerber. The title had gone to an all-humor format by this time; the best-known of the characters are the wacky detective twins Dover and Clover. The issue has cover and interior art by Howie Post.

There are only TWO graded copies of this issue. Heritage has only sold three copies in 15 years, and no copies in ten years!

There will NOT be a better copy of this incredibly scarce, if not rare, book.

$3,000.00

MoreFun127_zpsnqa24kqs.jpg

More Fun Comics #127 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1947) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white to white pages.

I love, love, love this cover. :luhv:

It's the last issue of my favorite DC series, sigh. This final issue is called "scarce" by both Overstreet and Gerber. The title had gone to an all-humor format by this time; the best-known of the characters are the wacky detective twins Dover and Clover. The issue has cover and interior art by Howie Post.

There are only TWO graded copies of this issue. Heritage has only sold three copies in 15 years, and no copies in ten years!

There will NOT be a better copy of this incredibly scarce, if not rare, book.

$3,000.00

MoreFun127_zpsnqa24kqs.jpg

That is an adorable cover. :cloud9:

More Fun Comics #11 (DC, 1936) CGC 6.0 Off-white/white pages.

Lost Valley pedigree.

Rated an "8" or "rare" by The Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books. Dr. Occult story. Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster art.

Only two copies grade higher. Heritage has sold only 5 copies over the last 15 years, and one of those was restored. Basically, you're not going to find another copy any time soon.

$2,500.00

More%20Fun%2011-LV_zpsguhok791.jpg

More Fun Comics #12 (DC, 1936) CGC 5.0 Off-white pages.

This issue is one of the first 100 comic books ever published. Vin Sullivan, Joe Shuster, Leo O'Mealia, and Creig Flessel are among the artists. Two copies grade higher and only four copies have been graded by CGC in 15 years! Heritage has sold only ONE copy.

$1,100.00

MF12_zpsbqwgtdro.jpg

More Fun Comics #37 (DC, 1937) CGC 5.5 Cream to Off-white pages.

Cover artist Creig Flessel, who I consider one of the best EVER, could render humorous covers just as well as adventure images, and the football scene depicted here makes us wonder if Red Grange ever had to deal with anything like this! Other contributing artists include big names such as Joe Shuster, Bob Kane, and Bernard Baily.

Issues in the 30s are very, very difficult to find.

$625.00

MF37cgc_zpsbaonyakk.jpg

More Fun Comics #46 Mile High pedigree (DC, 1939) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.

No surprise but this Mile High copy is the best around. Just look at the snow-white top half of the cover! This has always been one of my favorite covers!

Though this book's issue number sounds high, consider that it hit the stands the same month as Action #15 and months before Batman #1!

Creig Flessel's adventure cover is a highlight, and the plethora of features includes Radio Squad by the Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster team, as well as a Buccaneer story with Bernard Baily art.

$10,000.00 or make me an offer to own this beauty!!!!

MoreFun46MH_zpsn6yh3yk9.jpg

Lost Valley pedigree.

Rated an "8" or "rare" by The Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books. Dr. Occult story. Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster art.

Only two copies grade higher. Heritage has sold only 5 copies over the last 15 years, and one of those was restored. Basically, you're not going to find another copy any time soon.

$2,500.00

More Fun Comics #19 (DC, 1937) CGC 6.5 off-white pages.

Lost Valley pedigree

Vincent Sullivan cover. Dr. Occult story by Jerry Siegel. Sullivan, Creig Flessel, and Joe Shuster art. Back cover ad for Detective Comics #1.

Only one copy grades higher at an 8.0 and no surprise that it is the Church copy.

$1,600.00

More%20Fun%2019-LV_zpsebkfczpu.jpg

20160529_232804_resized_zpslz479mfv.jpg

More Fun Comics #29 (DC, 1938) CGC 8.0

Lost Valley pedigree.

Only one copy grades higher and of course that is the Church copy.

Contains a Dr. Occult story. Creig Flessel and Joe Shuster art.

$1,500.00 (this is less than what I paid!!!)

More%20Fun%2029-LV_zpsipw04zkc.jpg

Lost Valley pedigree.

$2,500.00

(thumbs u