• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 24-27, 2017
2 2

371 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

Should I be surprised that David Tennant autograph tickets are already sold out?  VIP passes are still available for him, but they're very pricey ($475, which is $76 more than Columbus for basically the same thing).

Probably not. Chicago is easily the biggest Wizard show in terms of attendance, and more people = more demand = higher prices. He sold out in Columbus too, so I would have been shocked if the packages didn't sell out in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Probably not. Chicago is easily the biggest Wizard show in terms of attendance, and more people = more demand = higher prices. He sold out in Columbus too, so I would have been shocked if the packages didn't sell out in Chicago.

It doesn't surprise me so much that he sold out, but rather that he sold out more than 3 weeks before the show opens.  Guess I should be glad I still was able to get a VIP pass for him, because otherwise the show might not have been worth the effort without a sig from and a photo op with him.  My daughter is much more interested in him than any of the other guests.

3 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

10 minutes ago, mysterio said:

It doesn't surprise me so much that he sold out, but rather that he sold out more than 3 weeks before the show opens.  Guess I should be glad I still was able to get a VIP pass for him, because otherwise the show might not have been worth the effort without a sig from and a photo op with him.  My daughter is much more interested in him than any of the other guests.

If there was any guest at Chicago with a limited number of packages that I was interested in, I'd buy them early too if I could. Assuming the spots are guaranteed, it is much nicer to have the certainty than the alternative of standing in a line for the whole con with no guarantees you'll get a signature. That'd be worth a bit of $$.

Edited by mysterio

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:10 PM, Guardian Comics said:

I wish someone told me then that these days weren't going to last forever...I would have soaked it in more.

Jim

That's true of most things Jim. Still, a lot of great memories are tied into this one photo.

10 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

So I'm looking to buy a nicely presenting Showcase 22 at this show. Also seeing if any boardies would be interested in grabbing some pizza and talking comics Thursday evening? 

Hi Bighaley21,

Many boardies will be attending the Sushi event Thursday night.  Due to a scheduling conflict, I will be unable to attend Wizard Chicago this year.

Have a fabulous time.

5 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Hi Bighaley21,

Many boardies will be attending the Sushi event Thursday night.  Due to a scheduling conflict, I will be unable to attend Wizard Chicago this year.

Have a fabulous time.

I would love to attend this again but this is the first year I'm bringing my children so I figure pizza may be more fitting. Sorry to hear you can't make it this year..

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - lots and lots of booths still available

:eek:

I'm noticing that Wizard still hasn't released the 2018 schedule they promised would be released in July. Wondering what sorts of difficulties they are having with that...

Edited by mysterio

On 8/7/2017 at 2:06 PM, BitterOldMan said:

Hi Bighaley21,

Have a fabulous time.

:sorry: I was hoping we'd get to reunite.  I've never been to Chicago and going this year and you are not :(