• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 24-27, 2017
2 2

371 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, mysterio said:

:eek:

I'm noticing that Wizard still hasn't released the 2018 schedule they promised would be released in July. Wondering what sorts of difficulties they are having with that...

In Columbus at Sunday mornings meeting they gave an overview of the 2018 schedule and stated it would be finalized in the next 2-3 weeks so look for it soon....several small market shows will be added in addition to what they already have.

3 hours ago, Bearcatcoach said:

In Columbus at Sunday mornings meeting they gave an overview of the 2018 schedule and stated it would be finalized in the next 2-3 weeks so look for it soon....several small market shows will be added in addition to what they already have.

Any truth to the rumors that they are adding big cities in Texas, like Dallas, San Antonio and/or Houston?

7 hours ago, mysterio said:

Any truth to the rumors that they are adding big cities in Texas, like Dallas, San Antonio and/or Houston?

I suppose it's possible....they are shooting for around 35 shows next year.  That being said I don't remember anyone mentioning them specifically.

7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

CGC doing on site grading again this year?  Just assumed they would be but it is not mentioned on their  home page

No on site in Chicago this year, but they will be doing it in Baltimore.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 2:10 PM, mysterio said:

Or from where I reside small cities :baiting:

Now now.  Chicago is not that much bigger than Houston anymore, and if you include the entire DFW metroplex, Dallas is right up there as well.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, somewhereintexas said:

Now now.  Chicago is not that much bigger than Houston anymore, and if you include the entire DFW metroplex, Dallas is right up there as well.

Houston isn't really what I call a "City" (it's just a bunch of land)  If we annexed everything too we'd "grow" (and that's quite the skyline they have there btw )  Don't even get me started on that hick Metroplex  :foryou:

Edited by Chicago Boy

18 hours ago, mschmidt said:

Pretty impressive how Wizard has managed to take their largest US show and give it a comic book line-up that wouldn't be out of place at a Saturday show at a Holiday Inn in Des Moines. And here I thought last years guestlist was weak doh!

Mike:  I have no idea what makes a guest list from a great guest list but Grell, O'Barr, Vigil and Ant Lucia aren't good gets?

Jim

6 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

Mike:  I have no idea what makes a guest list from a great guest list but Grell, O'Barr, Vigil and Ant Lucia aren't good gets?

Jim

Grell and Vigil do every WW Chicago, and OBsrr is a pretty common guest as well. Not taking anything away from their talent, but if you wanted them you've probably got them already. Not sure about Lucia as I couldn't care less about new comics. 

On 8/17/2017 at 6:17 PM, mschmidt said:

Pretty impressive how Wizard has managed to take their largest US show and give it a comic book line-up that wouldn't be out of place at a Saturday show at a Holiday Inn in Des Moines. And here I thought last years guestlist was weak doh!

Can we count on your support this year? 

I am going to be there this year, mainly because Portland was AWFUL. Bellydancers and fire breathers? A total carnival.  It has to be better than that.  BTW does anyone know what tier the VIP cgc coupon is?