• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 24-27, 2017
2 2

371 posts in this topic

come by 602 (corner of Graham crackers) and see that cruddy books I brought to try to tempt you to take home with you in exchange for cruddy little rectangular pieces of green and white paper with dead presidents featured on them (comics are so much cooler, even my cruddy ones)...

and I'm solo this weekend, so if any kind boardie would like to spell me for a minute to use the restroom or grab a bite, feel free...I can offer you absolutely nothing in return except a hearty felt thanks!

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

come by 602 (corner of Graham crackers) and see that cruddy books I brought to try to tempt you to take home with you in exchange for cruddy little rectangular pieces of green and white paper with dead presidents featured on them (comics are so much cooler, even my cruddy ones)...

and I'm solo this weekend, so if any kind boardie would like to spell me for a minute to use the restroom or grab a bite, feel free...I can offer you absolutely nothing in return except a hearty felt thanks!

I'll be there to help if needed. (thumbsu 

22 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Do you take purple, redishpink, brown monies? :baiting:

Edited by Iceman399

The lady and I are taking off work and going Friday, as is our custom the past 6 years or so. I like Friday for the show hours, slightly smaller crowd and larger available selection of comics vs the weekend.

I have an eclectic want list this year that includes some underground comix, Moderns, Star Wars, and SA X-Men. It should be a fun pick!

I'd also like to submit some books to CGC for 'normal' grading at the show, which I am assuming is still possible? 

2 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

The lady and I are taking off work and going Friday, as is our custom the past 6 years or so. I like Friday for the show hours, slightly smaller crowd and larger available selection of comics vs the weekend.

I have an eclectic want list this year that includes some underground comix, Moderns, Star Wars, and SA X-Men. It should be a fun pick!

I'd also like to submit some books to CGC for 'normal' grading at the show, which I am assuming is still possible? 

Yep, CGC will accept books to take back to Sarasota for regular grading, just no more onsite. :cry:

9 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

I can attest to that :whatthe:

Did greggy and Harley already buy all the good stuff during vendor set up? Have you ever seen greggy :shy: gloat so happily while texting his buds in Canada about his sweet-sweet deals?