• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Amazing Fantasy 15 Thread!!

65 posts in this topic

Not to mention the thread that was poofed was not the one that was started in 2008. That one was locked a couple of years ago. Club thread #2 was the most recent lock. If anything the mods could unlock the original and we could tack back onto that. Or, they could merge #1 and 2. Was the club still being officially maintained? I thought Harvey had given up the maintenance, but I could be misremembering.

I didn't give up the maintenance - I ran out of space since I wasn't getting updates when people were selling their copies.

And get over it already - yes, my thread was a "reboot" from the original thread from 2008 in which I went page by page (774 pages of posts) to make a helpful list with links for the community. I also linked back to the ORIGINAL Club thread and gave credit to the creator. You have such a hard on and disdain for my club threads. You are one of the major reasons I stopped doing them so :golfclap:

Btw: AF15 Club Thread is back! :whee:

Not to mention the thread that was poofed was not the one that was started in 2008. That one was locked a couple of years ago. Club thread #2 was the most recent lock. If anything the mods could unlock the original and we could tack back onto that. Or, they could merge #1 and 2. Was the club still being officially maintained? I thought Harvey had given up the maintenance, but I could be misremembering.

I didn't give up the maintenance - I ran out of space since I wasn't getting updates when people were selling their copies.

And get over it already - yes, my thread was a "reboot" from the original thread from 2008 in which I went page by page (774 pages of posts) to make a helpful list with links for the community. I also linked back to the ORIGINAL Club thread and gave credit to the creator. You have such a hard on and disdain for my club threads. You are one of the major reasons I stopped doing them so :golfclap:

Btw: AF15 Club Thread is back! :whee:

Thanks!!

Sorry, but what again was the official reason the most important thread in the Silver Comics section suddenly got removed by the Mods?

Don't know you would have to ask them. Me and the other guy had stopped fighting a while before they deleted that thread. Could be that or something else. Can we please now just stay on topic and talk anything AF15 related and move on from the past and live in the present.

It would be good to know why it was pulled. That way we can avoid a repeat and keep reading posts about AF 15 in the present.

Only the mods can answer that.

Right, and someone has a lot to answer for.

As for your "Move on from the past" comment, I'd say this: NOT SO FAST. The thread, begun in 2008, had TONS of information--not to mention a huge, sweet archive of pics. Literally hundreds of pages. More than anything, it was the stories. Did I mention the stories?

So for more than half the lifetime of these CGC Boards there was this AF #15 Club thread, a rich cultural portrait of one of the most important books in the funny book business. There must be a significant reason for the thread vanishing into thin air--beyond the petty obsession of the two of you with your faithful squabbling. :sumo:

:popcorn:

You are jumping to conclusions been 100% sure of yourself that I was the cause....what about rfoiii or some one else for that matter. Please ask the mods and get your facts straight before boosting of knowing the answer and pointing fingers at anyone. If you are so mad and sad then ask the mods to restore the older thread.

I never was "boosting" (nor boasting) of knowing why the thread went bye-bye. I was attempting to express how it had to be more than only the bickering that you and rfoii were doing. What you two were doing, though, I thought at first had to be some sort of practical joke but as I read on...and on...and on...I realized that it was no joke. You two were something to behold--and it wasn't pretty. If I could've conducted a citizens' arrest, I would have.

Incidentally, thank you for letting me know how "mad" and "sad" I really was about the recent turn of events.

Let me just say that I'm tickled the original thread is back. As someone has pointed out, I was wrong when I said the thread had been around since '08. (I was conflating the original thread--started by Spider Variant in '08--and the new-fangled, improved thread in the last couple of years that HarveySwick brought our way.) Swick included a link on the first page to all that came before, so the history is intact. I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight.

Carry on, AF #15 soliders...