• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cap 1 vs Marvel 1 Which would you rather own and y?
2 2

216 posts in this topic

If I didn't own either of these comics I'd want the Cap 1.  It might be my favorite cover of the GA.

However..... I've owned 3 copies of Cap 1 in my life (I still have my conserved 5.5).  Because I've never even touched a Marvel Comics 1 (and a person usually wants the thing they don't have), I'm going to say right now I want, and would rather have the Marvel Comics 1.

Edited by gadzukes

On 5/20/2016 at 5:13 PM, KirbyJack said:

...and it would be my answer if not for the Jack Kirby factor. Cap #1.

Interesting revival to me, as my answer has changed since 2016.

Marvel #1!

Anyone else flip flop on this?

Edited by KirbyJack

2 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

I had that in my hands once and have still never seen another

Master Man has something in his hands on that cover.

I know someone who has one, and that’s all he talked about when he showed us his copy.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:51 PM, Knightsofold said:

I love both, but Cap #1 for me.

Glad you are coming to your senses in part :applause:as earlier in this thread you were highly against the “elf eared” Torch cover (tsk)

Edited by Primetime

On 1/7/2021 at 8:28 PM, Terry_JSA said:

Marvel Comics #1 is an incredibly important book in comic history, so I’m most definitely choosing that.

That is the only reason I\\Marvel # 1 t has such a great value is that historical reference point in comic book history,  but it does not make it a better book than Cap1...overall Cap #1 content, and art wise is superior in the interior. Cover is a toss-up although a "Hitler" cover premium has in recent years taken off value wise. I think the "superior" book over time will win out.

Edited by Mmehdy