• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Universe: Rebirth #1 Major Spoilers Leak On Reddit.

119 posts in this topic

I blame Infinite Crisis for this:

The blue hand of Doctor Manhattan: http://stranded.org/images/InfiniteCrisis2.jpg

I should post this in the pre-heat thread doh!

The Krona and the origins of the universe/multiverse blue hand thing was published 40 years before Infinite Crisis and 20 years before Watchmen, but sure.

I don't think so. But that would have been an amazing cover.

So we see 3 period Jokers on Batman's monitor - Golden Age Jerry Robinson style, Bronze Age style, and new 52 Capullo style.

Then we see the bloody Comedian's pin. We also see the Thomas Wayne letter from Flashpoint.

Wasn't Martha Wayne a Joker during Flashpoint?

So we see 3 period Jokers on Batman's monitor - Golden Age Jerry Robinson style, Bronze Age style, and new 52 Capullo style.

Then we see the bloody Comedian's pin. We also see the Thomas Wayne letter from Flashpoint.

So, I think the 3 Jokers is a bad idea no matter how they explain it. However, I do like the mystery of it.

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing, just spit-balling here as a comic enthusiast.

So obviously one is from Batman #1. I feel like the second debuted in Laughing Fish and then got more and more deadly through Killing Joke and Death in the Family and evolved into the 'cut his face off' initial new 52 Joker.

The 3rd would be the one that debuted in Annual 2 (undercover) or Batman 36 (as the Joker), depending how you see it.

In 36 he is in disguise and tells Batman, "You really don't recognize me do you. I admit I didn't think you would". That's followed by a whole explanation for how he achieved the disguise involving muscle relaxers and nonchalantly, 'the new mug'. Batman's then drugged and wakes up in the cave the next issue.

I know there's a whole thing with the magic pit in #40 but that would make some sense as far as why Batman went with it. Few interactions, an explanation for the new face and he was drugged.

I know it's all about that sweet speculation money but can we discuss this just as comic fans perhaps? I'd start a new topic but I am very sensitive to headline spoilers.

So.....is the story better than Convergence so far?

Good lord yes. Rebirth is honestly one of the best comics I have read. It's a love letter for long time DC fans.

Maybe it's just because I'm a DC fan but I completely agree. One of the best comics I've read in a long time

So.....is the story better than Convergence so far?

Good lord yes. Rebirth is honestly one of the best comics I have read. It's a love letter for long time DC fans.

In complete agreement. (thumbs u

So, I think the 3 Jokers is a bad idea no matter how they explain it. However, I do like the mystery of it.

Let me preface this by saying I know nothing, just spit-balling here as a comic enthusiast.

So obviously one is from Batman #1. I feel like the second debuted in Laughing Fish and then got more and more deadly through Killing Joke and Death in the Family and evolved into the 'cut his face off' initial new 52 Joker.

The 3rd would be the one that debuted in Annual 2 (undercover) or Batman 36 (as the Joker), depending how you see it.

In 36 he is in disguise and tells Batman, "You really don't recognize me do you. I admit I didn't think you would". That's followed by a whole explanation for how he achieved the disguise involving muscle relaxers and nonchalantly, 'the new mug'. Batman's then drugged and wakes up in the cave the next issue.

I know there's a whole thing with the magic pit in #40 but that would make some sense as far as why Batman went with it. Few interactions, an explanation for the new face and he was drugged.

I know it's all about that sweet speculation money but can we discuss this just as comic fans perhaps? I'd start a new topic but I am very sensitive to headline spoilers.

From a literal standpoint, they show the original 1940's Joker, the 1980's Joker (circa killing Joke) and the Capullo/Snyder Joker.