• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Book Memories
1 1

8 posts in this topic

My earliest comic book memory...

This is a very special post for me. One that I shared on IG and decided to expand upon here. My earliest childhood memory of comics was hanging out with my aunt during the summer and flipping through her small tattered collection of Xmen, Silver Surfer, and Fantastic Four...all of which she gifted to me years later when I told her I started collecting comics. I must have been about 8 years old at the time because there were way too many words on the page...my only focus was the story told through art, especially the battle scenes.

If I had to pick one book that stuck out the most for me it would have to be Xmen 22. Something about that red cover with all those cool looking grade B supervillains just really grabbed me. Recently I picked up a couple books that turned out to be the first appearance of two of these characters. It was then that I decided, you know what, I'm going to pick up all of their first appearances...and I did. Reading copies, yes, but that is the point...my Xmen 22 that I still have from my early childhood was well read and I have received just as much enjoyment from reading through these first appearances. Here they are in no particular order...

Avengers 13, first appearance of Count Nefaria

Tales to Astonish 48, first appearance of Porcupine

Tales of Suspense 51, first appearance of Scarecrow

Strange Tales 112, first appearance of Eel

Strange Tales 113, first appearance of Plantman

Tales of Suspense 56, first appearance of Unicorn

Thanks for reading.

Til next time...

17449.jpg

See more journals by surfer99

Nice story and books. While It was an Aunt that bought me my first comic book, she wasn't a collector thought. It was an issue of the 70's Marvel team "The Champions". The rest was history

Looking forward to the next post. .

• Administrator

This is the original view of this journal on the Chat Boards. This view is locked, so members can no longer reply here.

This journal is also posted in the new Journals section, which is unlocked. Click the link below to see any other comments about this journal and post new replies.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/blogs/entry/4663-comic-book-memories

• Administrator

You can also click "My Journal" in the main menu to quickly find your own journal, journal entries, and replies.

07 My Journal CGC.png

And you can search all journals by using the search tool.

08 Search Journals CGC.png

• Administrator

You can find journal entries by a specific author by using the search tool and visiting their profile, and you can follow members to get notifications when they post new content.

09 Members Journals CGC.png

1 1