• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sell as sets, or break up?

5 posts in this topic

I'm not finding my answer via search, so sorry if this is a dumb noob question.

In the process of getting my collection graded/sold. 3 sets in particular I'm wondering if better sold off 1 by 1 or as a set:

X-men 94-100 and GS1 (also have 101 and 102)

Iron Man 1-200+

Amazing Spider-Man 121, 122

Any thoughts, guidance on this greatly appreciated.

I'm no expert on this, but here are my thoughts.

X-Men

Sell 94 and GS1 separately. People who collect it normally get both anyway, and most likely you'll have more people needing just one more not both.

100,101,102 separate as well, though 102 won't do as well.

Iron man - I'd probably break this one up into smaller runs, but more set based. Only a handful of big keys and some minors in this.

ASM 121 -122 - set

Just my meh and how I'd approach it.

Sell the X-Men 94 and 95 and 101 separate. Same with the GS1. Sell the Iron Man 1-200 as a set. Sell the remaining X-men as a set. Sell each of the Spidies separate.

Try them as a set for a month at a slight discount compared to splitting it out. Maybe someone is looking to drop a ton of money to avoid having to do the work putting them together. You can always separate the keys if they do not sell.