• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America is WHAT

209 posts in this topic

I almost never post "back in my day, get off my lawn" type stuff. But I am going to make an exception. Cap represents everything that is good and honorable. With a very few exceptions, he has always been a shining example of what we should all strive to be, defenders of the weak, pursuers of justice, and standard bearers of leadership and self-sacrifice. Cap, as a character and a Marvel property, honestly, should be above the cheesy shock retcon game. A Hydra agent - :P

Nick Spencer can suck it.

I just hate it so much.. the whole issue alienates 50% of the country.. i dont want to get too political and I am not a trump supporter but calling him a Nazi and anyone who thinks some of the things he says is a Nazi is just crazy

My only issue with Spencer is what Fingh lays out. I read somewhere that it could be a shot at Feige after disbanding the creative team on the cinematic side. Very petty and dumb if so.

Im not familiar what happened with Feige?

My only issue with Spencer is what Fingh lays out. I read somewhere that it could be a shot at Feige after disbanding the creative team on the cinematic side. Very petty and dumb if so.

Kevin Feige disbands Marvel's CREATIVE COMMITTEE

According to Birth.Movies.Death, Marvel Studios' Creative Committe has been disbanded this week following the severing of ties between the studio and Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter. For those of you unfamiliar with the group, it was apparently made up of names like Alan Fine, Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Buckley, and Joe Quesada. Their job was to give notes and weigh in on Marvel productions while they were being adapted. Their input was clearly not appreciated by Kevin Feige (because, let's face it, he hardly needs the help of someone like Bendis) as now it will just be him, Louis D'Esposito, and Victoria Alonso making key creative decisions.

So, why scrap what sounds like a relatively useful group of people to have around? According to the site, this committee was something of a burden, offering up "notes that are pedestrian, motivated by 'save the cat' story logic and sometimes a drag on creativity."

Perhaps their greatest crime were being responsible for the --script notes which led to Edgar Wright deciding to depart Ant-Man, while their lateness with such revisions would often play havoc with a movie's development. In other words, good riddance! Another interesting titbit revealed by the site is that "Ike, with a background in toys, believes girl toys do not sell and thus vetoed them again and again," and that explains the lack of Black Widow merchandise

Pretty messed up twist in my opinion

Warning Spoiler for Captain America #1 out today 5/25/2016

Captain America is WHAT

Dude, I'm just gonna say this once: If you think this is true and actually sticks around for years to come, you're crazy. This is just another "*yawn* moment" storyline.

I dont care if it is only for this issue... its disrespectful to the jewish creators to even mention this being a possibility.. thats just my .02

Kevin Feige disbands Marvel's CREATIVE COMMITTEE

According to Birth.Movies.Death, Marvel Studios' Creative Committe has been disbanded this week following the severing of ties between the studio and Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter. For those of you unfamiliar with the group, it was apparently made up of names like Alan Fine, Brian Michael Bendis, Dan Buckley, and Joe Quesada. Their job was to give notes and weigh in on Marvel productions while they were being adapted. Their input was clearly not appreciated by Kevin Feige (because, let's face it, he hardly needs the help of someone like Bendis) as now it will just be him, Louis D'Esposito, and Victoria Alonso making key creative decisions.

So, why scrap what sounds like a relatively useful group of people to have around? According to the site, this committee was something of a burden, offering up "notes that are pedestrian, motivated by 'save the cat' story logic and sometimes a drag on creativity."

Perhaps their greatest crime were being responsible for the --script notes which led to Edgar Wright deciding to depart Ant-Man, while their lateness with such revisions would often play havoc with a movie's development. In other words, good riddance! Another interesting titbit revealed by the site is that "Ike, with a background in toys, believes girl toys do not sell and thus vetoed them again and again," and that explains the lack of Black Widow merchandise

Interesting.. thanks for posting!

are we sure its not a clone cap? or will be retconned to be a clone cap?

why on earth would they wait til now to activate a sleeper hydra agent? WHY NOT IN WORLD WAR II? Or any point since then?

Why would they even make kid Steve Rogers a hydra sleeper? What's the value?

I don't think they'll be this dumb, probably another explanation that is at least marginally less stupid.

why on earth would they wait til now to activate a sleeper hydra agent? WHY NOT IN WORLD WAR II? Or any point since then?

I don't think they'll be this dumb, probably another explanation that is at least marginally less stupid.

from the comments the editor has made it seems like hes always been an agent of hydra and we will start too see pieces of the puzzle next issue....

If it's a clone (or any other type of doppelganger) Cap, how stupid is it to not have the real Cap appear in his new title's first issue? Either way, this is beyond moronic. So much fail.

Sean Fingh - Your comments, both hidden within spoilers and about Spencer, were on point. :golfclap:

This is the first issue, so I'll take it with a grain of salt and see where this leads. I find it sincerely hard to believe that Steve Rogers is an agent of Hydra. How would Hydra have any idea this shrimpy kid would be given the Super Soldier serum years later? There has to be another twist coming . . . there better be! :pullhair: