• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Question regarding "Slight Tear Seal" note

7 posts in this topic

Could anyone tell me if this would considered a CGC blue label?

s-l1600_zps6myyjegh.jpg

If not, I'm guessing it would be considered restored?

If it would be a blue label, would values be on par with other 5.0s? I'm guessing that it would have been higher but was graded lower because of the tear seal?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

to my knowledge, a tear seal is restoration by CGC standards.

I've never seen a blue label with a notation that read "slight tear seal"

notations about tape may be included in blue labels only if the tape doesn't do anything restorative; if it did, you'd be looking at a purple label (with tape noted).

A tear seal most certainly is restorative; thus, no chance CGC gives this a blue universal.

My FF 1 is in a purple label due to having been cleaned and having 1 (1/2") tear seal. So yeah, I would think the same thing regarding this DD 1. I guess you could always have the seal removed.......

to my knowledge, a tear seal is restoration by CGC standards.

I've never seen a blue label with a notation that read "slight tear seal"

notations about tape may be included in blue labels only if the tape doesn't do anything restorative; if it did, you'd be looking at a purple label (with tape noted).

A tear seal most certainly is restorative; thus, no chance CGC gives this a blue universal.

You're right about the tear seal, wrong about the tape. CGC treat the tape as if it wasn't there, and grade the book as if the defect the tape is 'fixing' is present. Not a purple label in that case.