• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MyComicShop web site down

33 posts in this topic

Our web site is currently down due to a major, completely stupid screw-up by our hosting company. They are working on getting it fixed, but we will likely be down for a few more hours at least, possibly into Saturday.

That's not fun Conan - beat them heavily for a refund of fees related to downtime. (Hopefully your deal has committed service level agreements with penalties!)

Ouch hope the sight comes up soon. You guys are only on the web now right? If so this has to be a business killer. If this is a oh on the hosting company hopefully they will have some sort of way to make up for lost revenue. And I enjoy your website. (thumbs u

That's not fun Conan - beat them heavily for a refund of fees related to downtime. (Hopefully your deal has committed service level agreements with penalties!)

Hope you are up and running again soon. Your sight is better than the Gerber books !!

Our web site is currently down due to a major, completely stupid screw-up by our hosting company. They are working on getting it fixed, but we will likely be down for a few more hours at least, possibly into Saturday. [/quote

What did they do?

We made a very simple request to restore a single database table from one of our backups. Our request included explicit, very clear instructions not to do anything at all that would touch our live production database. Somehow, somebody at our host screwed up royally and wiped out our live production database.

We have backups and replication logs of everything needed to restore the database, but that process has not been as smooth as it should be. They're still working on it.

We made a very simple request to restore a single database table from one of our backups. Our request included explicit, very clear instructions not to do anything at all that would touch our live production database. Somehow, somebody at our host screwed up royally and wiped out our live production database.

We have backups and replication logs of everything needed to restore the database, but that process has not been as smooth as it should be. They're still working on it.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Prayers are with you and your team man,. I know how frustrating things like this are. Having been a full stack developer in the past I know how many moving parts there are and how tough communication can be in times like this. God speed.

- b :wishluck: unty

Thank you all for the kind words. We'll get through this okay and will absolutely be taking steps to handle this ourselves in the future--very upset with how poorly our hosting facility has handled this. We're not a small account, and this is supposed to be enterprise-class hosting and support, but this has not gone the way that it should.

We finally got the issue resolved that's been holding us up, and the database is being restored up to the point just before they broke it. At the rate the logs are catching up, current estimate is that we'd be fully up to date in the early morning hours Tuesday the 31st. Far from ideal, but much preferable to having any data loss.

Tuesday? Wow Conan I wish you and your team the best of luck. Sorry to have this happen to you.

+1. Awful situation for a top notch company to be in.

Tuesday? Wow Conan I wish you and your team the best of luck. Sorry to have this happen to you.

+1. Awful situation for a top notch company to be in.

I want to chime in and say how much I appreciate MCS. Conan has gone above the call of duty for me by shipping my orders to my American address (my verified PayPal address is my Canadian address where I live), and making all the necessary cost adjustments etc. in the process.