• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Thoughts posted by MetalPSI

106 posts in this topic

So the one night when I feel I could actually go to bed at a decent time, I find myself keeping myself awake to watch my one pup.

He's been throwing up the past couple of days. I took him out on a drive, which he doesn't like, but I had to get him and the other out of the house for a few hours for a showing, so I decided to take some stuff out for storage.

He did pretty well on the way out, only complained a little then fell asleep. Two hours later he was out running around as usual, visiting his friends (Who are Chows) got everything put away, and off back home we go.

Well he threw up in his carrier not once, but twice. Hard to tell since I was driving, I know he was playing with the other dog, maybe got over excited.

Well this morning, he was playing with his buddy, and threw up on the couch, then a bit later, threw up outside, again while playing.

So he had a nice dinner, lots of running around afterwards, everything looks all good. He hasn't done number 2 yet, so I am keeping a close watch. Wondering if maybe he has a twist or blockage. I kinda figured fatigue or lethargy would be symptoms to watch for, but he's been his usual playful self. So hard to tell with this breed as well, they are extremely resilient and do not respond unless under extreme pain. I've been poking and prodding his belly for two days, and he has not flinched or given me any signs of discomfort. Hopefully he will sleep through the night, but I'll stay up for a few hours and shove him out the door before I go to bed to see if I can get anything out of him.

Well Morty pooped, wasn't much, but I am satisfied that he isn't blocked up.

Bosley however has now just thrown up.... :facepalm:

Wasn't a lot or too worrying, but usually their puke is white foam, his is yellow, so kinda wondering what that's from.

I've been playing with their diet over the past couple of weeks, I am thinking this has to be the major factor. I've switched them both back to their regular food this week. I've caught Morty more than once going for the grass on the other side of the fence, and Bosley had explosive diarrhea for a few days there.

Changing back the food cleared up the liquid poop right away. Going to keep a close eye on them today. Totally have to mow the lawn, but it rained pretty good last night, hope that cleared some of the mess off the lawn :wishluck:lol

I went into Keto today. I haven't bought strips, but cutting carb intake to less than 100g was pretty easy. So far I am feeling pretty tired and thats it. The most concern I have now is regular fiber intake, so I've bought a bunch of celery to munch on throughout the day.

Breakfast this morning was 3 eggs, fried, with daime. I'm not sure how to spell it, but it's cooked hamburger in lard with lots of salt. Excellent for someone on a keto diet. 1 Tbsp of that stuff in your eggs and your salt intake is pretty good for the day.

Also, 4 slim slices of marble cheese and a pepperoni stick.

Currently drinking my Endure and waiting about a half hour before I go workout.

Snacks during the day will be celery either plain or with peanut butter, almonds, and a protein shake with fresh blueberries.

Dinner is chicken breast, cut into strips, fried and either on a salad or made into low carb stir fry.

Fate is so unkind

Now I should have known

Blind leading the blind

Reaping what I've sown

If it all amounts to nothing

Why, then, am I standing in this line?

Hell is still overburdened

I must stand and wait in line

I may never know for certain

When will be my time

How was I considered evil?

Pleasures taken in this life

Someone granted me reprieval

Decades spent in strife

Led to nothing

Repeated in my mind

Led to nothing

If only I was born another time

How have I been so determined malign?

It's the closing of the curtain

In the play that was my life

Countless chapters left unopened

Tragedies inside

I was fighting for a reason

Holy blessed homicide

Seems I have committed treason

All I've sacrificed

Led to nothing

Repeated in my mind

Led to nothing

If only I was born another time

How I have been so determined malign?

Fate is so unkind

Now I should have known

Blind leading the blind

Reaping what I've sown

If it all amounts to nothing

Why, then, am I standing in this line?

Just my own opinion but it seems to me that if you produce a lot of artwork, continuously, you are bound to become a success. Years ago I saw a bunch of original oil paintings on large stretched canvasses at an indoor shopping mall that were being sold from anywhere between $10.00 to $35.00 each. I found out that they were for the most part being done by Vietnamese artists for pennies on the dollar. When I talk to friends who are also artists, I've always encouraged them to 'produce' a ton of work catering to perspective agents who thrive on those who can do just that. It takes a certain dedication to continue this endeavor, but I truly feel that times are different today, and that an artist can make a living at it as opposed to the days of old when the value of art only went up as when the artist died. There are a lot more speculators in this world and you can read stories about artists being discovered in South America, as auction houses such as Sothebys and Heritage House rakes in the big bucks for these cash finds. Oh, and going back to those Vietnamese 25 cent per day waged artists?...some of them are recently being discovered and bringing in millions of dollars (according to WSJ) today! Remember, Grandma Moses didn't start her career until her later years and it's never too late to start! Vic out.

Thanks for that tidbit of information V.

Started part of my new routine today, managed to do reverse pyramid 3x3 curls and some flys after my treadmill run. Will continue with that this week and see how it goes. I was going to pick up some more weights on the weekend, but with moving being the goal, the less I have to move, the better off I am going to be.

I took yesterday off, and man, treadmill was really hard to start, took me till I had 7mins left to finally get into stride. Hopefully it won't be such a hard start tomorrow.

Thanks for that tidbit of information V.

Started part of my new routine today, managed to do reverse pyramid 3x3 curls and some flys after my treadmill run. Will continue with that this week and see how it goes. I was going to pick up some more weights on the weekend, but with moving being the goal, the less I have to move, the better off I am going to be.

I took yesterday off, and man, treadmill was really hard to start, took me till I had 7mins left to finally get into stride. Hopefully it won't be such a hard start tomorrow.

I used to do pig iron myself, 45 olympic bar and such...gotta be careful as we get older, especially tricep kick outs and brain aneurisms. I found a thing called caloriecount.com thats really cool and of course there's cardio. Keep it fun and real! Vic out.

Got presented with 21's today, I think I might switch up to those instead. What I'm doing isn't failing me enough to not want to work out the same body part everyday.

Off to the LCS for a longbox and some magazine sized bags and boards for my growing pile of early Tick issues.

This will be my 6th, and hopefully last, long box. I am going to go through my collection and make a box dedicated for selling off. I hope I can make a couple of hundred and just clear it out.

Excellent shop, they have a bit of everything, and it's pretty large. Quite a few employee's as well.

I would have stayed longer but I needed to use the bathroom lol

I'll definitely check it out in detail some other time. Got myself some GA bags but they didn't have any boards. :(

So decided today to switch up my routine. I was finding I still had quite a bit of energy in the early evening, I've upped my cardio 5 mins and will continue to do so till I hit 45mins total. Then from there, after a week or two, I will up the level to 7 (currently at 6 and that is killing my calves as it is)

So cardio in the morning, lifting in the afternoon, early evening. Just trying to decide if I should start with a P90X type program to get me into the weights, or find a routine online. Also deciding how to split the upper and lower body. I think to get rid of this horrendous gut, I may have to do squats every day. Then add in back, chest, arms, shoulders and so forth.

I've only managed to get a pump once so far, which tells me I am doing something wrong with my lifting. Am I not going heavy enough? Long enough? I'll take some time and figure it out. That is also a goal of mine, to have a pump each and every workout day.

The diet is going fine so far. I am totally unsure if I am in ketosis, but I've completely cut out all forms of bread, pasta, sugar, and the like. I might still be getting too many carbs, but definitely a decrease in what I used to put in.

I've put it out there before that I like drek.

Just put it out there that, yes, I would like a Turok #1.

And a Savage Dragon Limited series run

Shadowhawk Vol 1 (I've got vol 2)

I'm sure I can think up some more I'd like to get...

Posting this here too because I know some people can't stand wandering into WTB and I sincerely really want these...

I am looking for my favorite stories I collected when I was a teen. I am missing quite a few of issues that complete the storylines. First up...

Phalanx Convent

Generation Next

Uncanny X-Men #316

X-Men #36

Uncanny X-Men #317

X-Men #37

Life Signs

X-Factor #106

X-Force #38

Excalibur #82

Final Sanction

Wolverine (vol. 2) #85

Cable (vol. 2) #16

As you can see, Phalanx Covenant is quite extensive. I am mostly interested in getting the deluxe foil editions, as I have mostly the newsstand versions of this run. I am aware that Uncanny XMen 316 -317 has the Blink key.

Fatal Attractions

I've got this set, but hoping to get some higher grade copies. Only NM will do. I would also consider taking the black & white incentives, I think that might only be X-Men #25.

X-Factor #92

X-Force #25

Uncanny X-Men #304

X-Men (vol. 2) #25

Wolverine (vol. 2) #75

Excalibur #71

Legion Quest

This is an easy one, I'd actually like to collect all the newsstand versions of this one in high grade if possible but willing to take the direct issues as well. I am missing X-Factor and Cable, need those for sure.

X-Factor #109 (Prologue)

Uncanny X-Men #320

X-Men Vol2 #40

Uncanny X-Men #321

X-Men Vol2 #41

Cable #20 (Epilogue)

Thanks for your consideration, please PM me for inquiries as I don't check threads as often as I should

Some jerk has kinda made me realize I don't really talk comics all that much.

I think it's mostly because of my tastes. Most people wouldn't freely admit to loving Maxx as much as I do.

However, my other passion is X-Men. I came into the X titles very late (Issue 300 was one of my first pick ups) but man, did I love those stories. I do remember how daunting it was to just collect one X title with all the cross overs there were, just to finish one storyline. However, the stories, at the time, I felt were worthwhile to collect. I also liked the fact that each story arc climaxed around summertime and took from winter to spring to build up. It was a great formula and kept my interest.

The back and character stories at the time were also intriguing.

Anyways, I've finally completed a almost full run of Uncanny Xmen from 200-375. Only missing a few keys like 210-213 and 244. Most of the issues from 200-300 aren't in the best shape, (my OO copies are in much better, even though I read them quite a bit, my OO run is 300-375) I haven't started reading them just yet.

My goal now is to collect from 100-200 and slowly gather the 1-100 issues. I am hoping to find some nice copies, as I am sure there are a lot of reader copies out there.

I've only got a smattering of X factor and Excalibur and I want to fill those runs as well one day.

I've got X-Force 1-20 or so, I never did like that series, and I've got the first few issues of Cable and whatever crossover stories were happening.

One surprising series I have quite a few of would be Generation X and Xman. I've got up to 35 or so on those series. I never liked Xman all that much, but I suppose I loved the Age of Apocalypse storyline so much I wanted some type of closure.

Never did find out what happened to black Beast and Nemesis

That's how I feel about X-men around the 230's

I even slabbed my two favorite covers from that time, 234 and 236, even though they're not in the greatest shape :cloud9: