• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Random Thoughts posted by MetalPSI

106 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to read from 200-300 yet, but I am interested in learning more about Cameron Hodge and the Phalanx. Not to mention the Brood and Shiar empire.

So I've been working out a steady 3 weeks now, or roughly there abouts.

I've been hitting the treadmill 6 days a week, starting at 20mins, then 30mins, and now 45mins (2 days straight so far, and today really hurt)

I've been lifting afterwards, not really intense, just here and there. During some evenings in the last few days I've been doing workout DVD's involving weights with the missus. About 30mins, and just starting to break a sweat at the end of it.

After running I would do about 2-3 sets of 10 arm curls with 45lbs dumb bells and 2 sets of 10 pushups, some days doing 25lbs 3 sets of 10 lay down flys.

Anyways, I decided to measure my arms yesterday and found out I put on a solid inch, both relaxed and flexed. I was pretty surprised since I haven't really been pushing the weights, my focus is mainly getting rid of my waistline, hence most focus on cardio and diet.

It was a nice surprise, so I think I might start doing a real weight workout sooner than the two months I was going to give myself. Only 4 inches to grow instead of 5 now :)

My goal now is to collect from 100-200 and slowly gather the 1-100 issues. I am hoping to find some nice copies, as I am sure there are a lot of reader copies out there.

If I may offer a suggestion - jump on any opportunity you can for those early Silver Age X-Men. Case in point - I bought a 3.0 copy of #1 in 2012, had it signed by Stan and graded, and was still less than $1000 into it. I sold it a couple weeks ago for $2200. The prices, they are a climbin'.

Thanks for the suggestion mattn792. It's a good idea. I am currently working on finding funds to do just that. I've almost completed my 200-300 collection, still missing 212 for some strange reason hm

Moving along, I've often wondered why some characters fall out of favor.

I remember trying to get a Uncanny 282 was damn near impossible at the time. It was a year or so out already when I started collecting and it was $50 and over for that issue. I was tantalized of course, how this character could be so popular. It was the backstory that did it I think. When Onslaught was finally revealed is that when Bishop crashed? I thought it was an excellent tie in myself. Although it seemed a bit rushed (the Onslaught storyline, not the unveiling.) I suppose it didn't make a lot of sense to a lot of people either. It was a bit convoluted and the fact they tried to tie in the entire marvel universe ala Infinity Gauntlet didn't make a lot of sense either. I stopped collecting around then. I think the next summer's storyline was Bastion who had ties with the Sentinals somehow. I don't think I ever did finish that storyline. He was an andriod or something himself, wasn't it?

Anyways, what are other characters that were super hot in the day but have since cooled right off?

Spawn comes to mind. Savage Dragon. Pitt. I'd like to say Aliens and Predator books, but they seemed to actually hold themselves in place. A vol1 run of Aliens is still around $15-$20 a book NM.

I've been hungover basically all day today. I haven't had a drop in about 3 weeks. I think I won't be bothering for awhile now lol

Just not worth it anymore. Hope I have the drive tomorrow after two rest days to get back on the treadmill. Still no real progress yet, other than I can get through an entire 45 mins now without falling over. Maybe after this week it might be time to change the program or amp it up another level.

There are a lot of programs on this treadmill, might check a few more of them out

Another year, another day on the treadmill.

Can't wait to get out of here and do some real walking/running around the mountains. Going to be so nice.

Biggest fear....something running off with my person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point dogs lolhm Maybe I'll have some spare change to invest in mountain lion spray.

Today was a good day.

I finally managed to get some books I want in a sales thread.

Some nice jokes about Predator

An awesome phone that lets you see like a Predator(Will put this on the rainy day fund to get)

Watched The Force Awakens

Had some laughs.

Got a showing for the house on Friday :wishluck:

Almost killed myself on the treadmill. But it will be worth it.

Today was a good day.

Got a call from someone in Des Moines, Iowa.

I imagine it's a wrong number, kinda wish I had been around to pick it up. That would have been a great waste of someone's phone time lol

GSP sucks. I should have gotten my books from eBay that cost me a whopping $20 with $6 "Import fees"

Glad the postal thing isn't till the end of the month now.

Books have crossed over, but sit in limbo, probably till this time next week.

Got ourselves a looker for the house this afternoon and an open house tomorrow. I smell an offer coming in. I am pretty certain if not by this week, the over the next two weeks we should have her wrapped up. Which means I spend the next month organizing and packing. Not like we a have a ton of stuff, but having just moved 3 years ago, I am getting sick of moving. 10 years ago moved up here, 3 years after that moved again, 4 years after that move here. Now 3 years here and I am planning my longest move yet.

Anyways, it's Friday :banana: We all love Friday

Sometimes I have time to reflect, especially now. I've realized as I get older, priorities change. I reached the goals of an ideal I once thought unattainable, but since then, I've kinda just coasted along.

I think that's what brought me back to comics, the safety of those things that remind you of the good things of your past

Well it's been a month now, I haven't stayed completely strict to the keto diet, and I've taken a week off cardio.

I've lost a couple of inches off the belly. The weird thing is my weight has stayed completely the same. I've been eating less, no bread, more veggies. Lots and lots of eggs.

I suppose my metabolism had slowed to a crawl. Lets see what the next month brings...

I took my measurements today, will compare them with measurements I will take in a month.

They aren't as bad as I thought.

On a side note, if anyone has been in or currently in the Canadian Military, shoot me a PM if you don't mind a few questions

As long as you keep progressing, you know you're on the right course. Hope moving goes well also, two years ago it was my condo and my wife's stuff into our new house. I'd much prefer to build an addition rather than move again!

I need to stop wasting my Sunday mornings and get back into my Saturday/Sunday yoga routine. Both used to start at 10:30 AM, but they bumped Sunday to 9:30. Doesn't sound like much, but Saturday tends to be my "let's stay up till 1 and have some beers night." I need to cut down on that, but the UFC and Draftkings make that no small task :)

You've got that right Jimmers. Mine are doing nicely.

Well, about 4 hours away from driving to the airport to catch my red eye flight to Toronto, with a happy stop in NYC before landing in Boston.

Please let me know if there are exclusives or signings/pics you would like. I reserving exclusives for those that actually read my journal :P

I do have some extra Maxx books I will be getting signed.

This hobby is flawed. I am elated and sickened, all at the same time. I've only felt like this once or twice in my lifetime. I want to be angry, but the fact is, who can you really be angry at?

Why do we need to feel the need to be angry at something/someone. Angry at this, angry at that. AT

You double AT and you get one of the best weapons the Empire came up with.

That's pretty damn angry