• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommended Rebirth Issues and Thoughts on the Relaunch and Each Title

317 posts in this topic

I enjoyed Action 957 probably more than I should have...i'm sure I can find haters for each of the new issues online somewhere. Some people that review comics rant like they have a monocle and are sipping high tea when they're writing it.

I enjoyed Action 957 probably more than I should have...i'm sure I can find haters for each of the new issues online somewhere. Some people that review comics rant like they have a monocle and are sipping high tea when they're writing it.

Agreed. Action 957 made me excited to get a new Superman comic every week.

Having said that, Action 957 is not a good jumping on point. You still need to have read Superman: Lois and Clark as well as The Final Days of Superman arc. Superman Rebirth last week gives some context, but not enough.

I thought Detective Comics was really cool.

Enjoyed Flash and Wonder Woman, they seem to be setting up some interesting stuff.

Also, if you're looking for a bit of continuation from the Rebirth Special, check out Flash.

Ok, last page of Action made me feel like the 1990's again.

I see where this is going, though. Lex and new/old Superman will fight, then team up, then the Kid will have to come save them both.

Well played DC, well played.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Finally got around to reading 1/2 the rebirth special last night. A bit long winded thus far to me. Did not keep up with most of the new 52 for the last bit either. When I went to the only lcs in town that had the rebirth specials last week, I picked up Bats, supes, and green lanterns. No chance to read any of them yet though. As I write this, I go to read the other 1/2 and crash.

Wasn't terribly impressed w/the Wonder Woman offering this week, not bad, just ok. Seems to just mostly be set up for parrallel/alternate universe memories WW is having.

I agree, Wonder Woman was pretty much a recap of DC's storylines for her over the past few years.

You guys are missing the plot point being set up by all these one shots, and that is Someone (Dr. Manhattan) is manipulating the time stream, and it is effecting all the heroes of the DC universe.

Yeah, I know there's manipulation going on...just saying the One Shots are the launching point so more important than the actual 1s that come out. They should have numbered the One Shots 1A

Edited by krighton

What are the recommendations this week and which covers?

Batman 1 regular cover seems to be preselling very well but i'm grabbing just the regular and avoiding all the crazy numerous variants....Green Arrow 1 is sold out about everywhere. Superman 1 should be good.

Batman 1 regular cover seems to be preselling very well but i'm grabbing just the regular and avoiding all the crazy numerous variants....Green Arrow 1 is sold out about everywhere. Superman 1 should be good.

I wouldn't skip the Sale cover available at Midtown for $2.54. Features a large number of his villains including Harley, Catwoman, and the Joker. 2c

I wouldn't skip the Sale cover available at Midtown for $2.54. Features a large number of his villains including Harley, Catwoman, and the Joker. 2c

yeah I got the sale cover also....they crammed as many characters as they could on that cover.