• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Pearson

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone like this guys artwork? I think he's one of the most commercial guys available in comics right now. It's hard to believe he doesn't have regular work lined up at DC, Marvel or one of the smaller work for hire publishers

I know he funded (barely) a new body bags graphic novel through kickstarter and gets the occasional cover assignments for D list DC books but the quality of his work is so good it's really a waste.

Any thoughts of why an artist of pearson's caliber isn't getting regular work in comics?

Maybe he doesn't want to put up with the regular publisher BS?

This seems likely to me. The world is moving towards the indie scene in a big way and I think more and more artists are saying "screw you" to the big guys. That goes for comics just as much as music.

Does anyone like this guys artwork? I think he's one of the most commercial guys available in comics right now. It's hard to believe he doesn't have regular work lined up at DC, Marvel or one of the smaller work for hire publishers

I know he funded (barely) a new body bags graphic novel through kickstarter and gets the occasional cover assignments for D list DC books but the quality of his work is so good it's really a waste.

Any thoughts of why an artist of pearson's caliber isn't getting regular work in comics?

Here's a thread that was started a few years ago about him.

Hey Guys & Gals/Jason Pearson

Oh yeah. I remember his personal issues. Hopefully he's moved past that. I think getting some solid work at the big two might help solve those issues.

Maybe he doesn't want to put up with the regular publisher BS?

This seems likely to me. The world is moving towards the indie scene in a big way and I think more and more artists are saying "screw you" to the big guys. That goes for comics just as much as music.

For artists who can afford to do that. Jason is doing a body bags story via kickstarter, it barely funded so he doesn't have the support that can facilitate working outside the system. he should, he's one of the best artists in comics any day of the week, imo.