• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Longest running title with an absence of $5 books

153 posts in this topic

A boardie and I were discussing what runs/titles/groups have the longest stretch of books that would sell for under $5. You know those titles/letters that you just completely skip when you're diving in $2+ boxes? I came up with pretty much any Legion of Superheroes title since 1980 (#259). There are basically 35+ years of Legion books that I would be hard pressed to buy out of anything more than $1 box. Does anything else have a run that long without any decent books in it? And please omit 9.8 candidates or OSPG prices. I mean real world prices where books have sold or are available online at rock bottom prices.

Some stretches of Archie must be relatively keyless?
Used to be you could find them stretching all the way back to the 70's in every bargain bin. Not anymore though. But yeah, you can probably go back pretty far before you top $5 a pop.

Conan from 25 to 274

I still dream of 58 becoming a mega-key one day.

For now I'm happy to keep buying it for $2 whenever I see it.

Savage Sword is entirely keyless save for #1.

Spawn.

There are a lot of Spawn keys once you reach issue 150 and up.

Yeah but that's still a huge swath of over 100 issues without anything significant.

I personally think the Spawn issues from 150 on (minus a few "keys") have value just because of scarcity more than anything else.

Everything after FF 70? I can't think of any keys after that point. That's like 1968.

I wouldn't go back that far.

Maybe start after FF112, Hulk vs Thing minor key.

But yeah, FF from mid 100's all the way through were a barren wasteland.