• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MegaCon, May 25-28, 2017, Orlando Florida

95 posts in this topic

what a wonderful experience, photo op tickets go on sale today, than Jeffery Dean Morgan cancels after I already purchased.

Megacon as gone from my favorite con within the last 2 years to one I question why even bother

Walking Dead Season 8 starts shooting May 1, both Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan have had to pass on MegaCon Orlando this year.

Anyone who has purchased photo ops will be reimbursed by Epic Photos.

I know you guys love celebs and all, but my focus is the comics guest list and I think the comics team has done an outstanding job assembling this year's guest list for MegaCon Orlando.

Still have to finalize the seating, but this is the full comics list, including some important Artist Alley creators I spotted. I'll publish the seating when it's all in and approved.

FEATURED COMIC GUESTS
J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
GREG CAPULLO
SCOTT SNYDER
JASON AARON
TOM KING
ADAM KUBERT
DAN SLOTT
ADAM HUGHES
AMANDA CONNER
JIMMY PALMIOTTI
GAIL SIMONE
ADI GRANOV
GREG RUCKA
PHIL JIMENEZ
SKOTTIE YOUNG
HOWARD CHAYKIN
CHAD HARDIN 
CHRIS CLAREMONT (Holy Grail Comics)
BOB LAYTON (Holy Grail Comics)

SPECIAL COMIC GUESTS
MARC ANDREYKO
PETER BAGGE
MATT BATT BANNING
EDDY BARROWS
NICK BRADSHAW
PAT BRODERICK
NEN CHANG
MICHAEL CHO
MATTHEW CLARK
KATIE COOK
JOE CORRONEY
AMANDA DEIBERT
JEFF DEKAL
JOSE DELBO
BRYAN FYFFE
JOSE-LUIS GARCIA-LOPEZ
MITCH GERARDS
SANFORD GREENE
JODY HOUSER
GREG HORN
GEORGES JEANTY
GISELE LAGACE
AARON LOPRESTI
ANT LUCIA
KEVIN MAGUIRE
CLAY MANN
MIKE MCKONE
JONBOY MEYERS
PAUL MOUNTS
DAN PARENT
MIKE PERKINS
ANDY PRICE
STEPHANE ROUX
ALEX SAVIUK
ALLISON SOHN
CAT STAGGS
FRANK TIERI
MIKE ZECK
JIM ZUB

ALSO APPEARING COMIC GUESTS
JEFF BALKE
ERIC BASALDUA
JEREMY BASTIEN
JOHN BEATTY
DANICA BRINE
CHRIS CAMPANA
SERGIO CARIELLO
MICHAEL DOONEY
ALY DUNN
EVIE DUNN
MARTIN DUNN
TOM FEISTER
ELLIOT FERNANDEZ
NICK FILARDI
DEE FISH
JERRY GAYLORD aka the FRANCHIZE
PENELOPE GAYLORD aka PENG-PENG
OWL GOINGBACK
STEVE HORTON
ROB HUNTER
AUSTIN JANOWSKY
TONY KORDOS 
TARA LYNNE
ROLAND MANN 
JOSE MARZAN JR.
DAWN MCTEIGUE
JASON MEENTS
JIM MEHSLING
MONTE MOORE
BRENT PEEPLES
JAMES PRUETT
STEVEN PULAWA
BRIAN REBER
ADAM RICHES
EMILY ROSE
JP ROTH
FERNANDO RUIZ
JAMES SANDERS III
MATT SANTORELLI
MARLIN SHOOP
CHRISTIAN SLADE
DOMINIKE STANTON aka DOMO!
SORAH SUHNG
BRYAN K. TURNER
JOSE VILLARUBIA (signing Love is Love)
LARRY WATTS
BRETT WELDELE
TRACY YARDLEY!

3c51a775-474e-4e9c-804d-20be67a08bcf.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

From what I understand, shooting was moved up to May 1 because of something to do with a potential writer's strike. Both actors have issued statements apologizing for having to cancel, but WD is their big gig.

Yeah, the Boondock Saints guys want to appear with Norman.

Announced today 3 Disney princesses and a prince:

PAIGE O'HARA

Belle from Beauty and the Beast

IRENE BEDARD

Pocahontas from Pocahontas

LINDA LARKIN

Princess Jasmine from Aladdin

CHRISTOPHER DANIEL BARNES

Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid

(and also Peter Parker/Spider-man in the 90's animated show, played Greg Brady in the Brady Bunch movies)

Edited by Kevin Boyd

524-Love_is_Love_400.jpg&h=&w=&zc=1&q=90

MegaCon is proud to host a weekend of Love is Love programming. The proceeds will benefit Equality Florida, Florida’s civil rights leader working for the LGBT community.

Following the Pulse Nightclub Shooting in Orlando, a project in the comic community named Love is Love began to take shape. Spearheaded by comic book and screen writer Marc Andreyko (DC Comics), a group of more than 300 comic book creators contributed to the creation of a comic anthology, the proceeds of which go to the victims, survivors and their families via Equality Florida. Launched in January 2017 with Marc Andreyko appearing on The Seth Meyers Show, the book received an overwhelming critical response and has gone into multiple printings.

Nearly one year since the shootings, the comics community is gathering for some special events at MegaCon Orlando in support of the project, which will include a cocktail reception, original art gallery display and an art auction, as well as additional programming throughout the weekend.

An exclusive printing of Love is Love is available at MegaCon Orlando in the MegaCon Store that includes all of the digital content published after the initial release.

George Perez has created a new Wonder Woman print, colored by Laura Martin, that will be sold exclusively at MegaCon Orlando to benefit Equality Florida.

SEE THE ART OF LOVE IS LOVE

MegaCon – May 25-28, 2017

A gallery space at MegaCon will feature donated art from Love is Love by top comic talents. Come and see original work from the book as well as exclusive art done for the show by talents as George Perez, Jock, Rafael Albuquerque and many more. The artwork will be on display on the show floor, location TBA. The gallery is open to all attendees of MegaCon Orlando. 

MEET THE CREATORS OF LOVE IS LOVE

Friday, May 26, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

A fundraiser cocktail reception and book signing brings together some of the comic industry’s top talent including Scott Snyder, Tom King, Cat Staggs, Mitch Gerads, Gail Simone, Jason Aaron, Phil Jimenez and Dan Didio, as well as Love is Love project creator Marc Andreyko. The original art will also be on display at this special function. See below for the list of Love is Love creators attending MCO.

$150 includes Love is Love lithograph by artist Cat Staggs, drink ticket, and hors d’ouvres will be served

BID ON A COMIC MASTERPIECE - ORIGINAL ART AUCTION

Saturday, May 27, 7:30pm

More than sixty original comic creations will be on the auction block in this fundraising event. Come and bid on amazing pieces by notable comic greats including George Perez, Jock, Rafael Albuquerque, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez and many more!

The auction will be a public event, free to attendees of Megacon Orlando to attend. Bidding on site and off-site options available. We'll have details on how to bid for off-site parties interested in seeing what is available.

http://megaconorlando.com/love-is-love-fundraising-events/

PLUS, OVER THE WEEKEND there will be complimentary programming at MegaCon Orlando. A Love is Love showcase panel, the MegaSketch Duel Mash-Up and more.

SOME OF THE CREATORS ATTENDING MEGACON ORLANDO WHO WORKED ON THE LOVE IS LOVE PROJECT ARE:

MARC ANDREYKO

SCOTT SNYDER

TOM KING

MITCH GERADS

PHIL JIMENEZ

JIMMY PALMIOTTI

AMANDA CONNOR

GAIL SIMONE

CAT STAGGS

AMANDA DEIBERT

MIKE MCKONE

STEPHANE ROUX

JASON AARON

MATTHEW CLARK

TOM FEISTER

TEE FRANKLIN

PAUL MOUNTS

DAN PARENT

BRENT PEEPLES

JOSE VILLARUBIA

JIM ZUB

FRANK TIERI

Edited by Kevin Boyd

MEET THE CREATORS OF LOVE IS LOVE

Friday, May 26, 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.

A fundraiser cocktail reception and book signing brings together some of the comic industry’s top talent including Scott Snyder, Tom King, Cat Staggs, Mitch Gerads, Gail Simone, Jason Aaron, Phil Jimenez and Dan Didio, as well as Love is Love project creator Marc Andreyko. The original art will also be on display at this special function. See below for the list of Love is Love creators attending MCO.

$150 includes Love is Love lithograph by artist Cat Staggs, drink ticket, and hors d’ouvres will be served

------------

I've posted this link before, and I wanted to draw attention to the page because I don't think people are quite grasping what "MEET THE CREATORS" is....

ON FRIDAY, MAY 26 7:30-10PM - MCO is hosting a special COCKTAIL RECEPTION to celebrate and launch the ORIGINAL ART GALLERY SHOW that is being auctioned off the following night.

We'll have a confirmed list of creators attending but over 25 creators who worked on the book art at MCO 2017 and all are invited to be part of this special evening event including MARC ANDREYKO, SCOTT SNYDER, TOM KING, MITCH GERADS, PHIL JIMENEZ, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, AMANDA CONNOR, GAIL SIMONE, CAT STAGGS, AMANDA DEIBERT, MIKE MCKONE, STEPHANE ROUX, JASON AARON, MATTHEW CLARK, TOM FEISTER, TEE FRANKLIN, PAUL MOUNTS, DAN PARENT, BRENT PEEPLES, JOSE VILLARUBIA, JIM ZUB, FRANK TIERI, DAN DIDIO plus a number of additional creators attending are contributing pieces to the art auctions including JOSE LUIS GARCIA LOPEZ, ADAM HUGHES and ALLISON SOHN. Other creators will likely be joining us for this event, and given the limited numbers of tickets we're expecting the number of creators to attendee ration to be very high so you'll have lots of one on one time.

We should have a schedule soon for the LOVE IS LOVE book signing at the reception.

One thing we have yet to reveal is an exclusive, limited edition print created for this event by GEORGE PEREZ. It's Wonder Woman... and it's SPECTACULAR. I'm jumping the gun by announcing it, but when it's revealed I expect there will be a rush of attention as people will want this. ALSO, we are deeply honored that GEORGE has agreed to attend the cocktail reception on Friday, May 26th.

That's correct, you read that right, GEORGE PEREZ. This will be his ONLY public appearance on MegaCon Orlando weekend, he will not be at the show. George has been a staunch supporter of LOVE IS LOVE and is currently taking some time off from conventions and public appearances to recuperate, but has indicated he will be coming in JUST FOR THIS EVENT. So, again, deeply honored.

This Cocktail Reception has a very limited number of tickets available, and the money goes towards EQUALITY FL. Please consider supporting this event and come and hang out at this unprecedented gathering of creators in support of Orlando charities.

As I mentioned the other day. George Perez will be at the Meet & Greet the creators of Love is Love event on Friday, May 26 at 7:30.

It will be his only appearance at MegaCon Orlando and George is taking some time off from comic cons after this.

529-George_400_X_400.png&h=&w=&zc=1&q=90

George will be signing up to two items for people at the Meet & Greet and the package has been beefed up to celebrate George's appearance and includes a copy of the LOVE IS LOVE FAN EXPO VARIANT and an exclusive original Wonder Woman print, created for the event.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

A few changes to the comics section:

NEW COMIC GUESTS:

JUAN FERREYRA, Green Arrow artist - appearing Friday only

SARA RICHARD, My Little Pony

TANA FORD, Silk

Unable to attend:

JAMES SANDERS III

Schedule change:

DAN DIDIO, PHIL JIMENEZ and MARC ANDREYKO will be at the event on Saturday and Sunday, as well as the Friday evening for the Love is Love Cocktail Reception.

They will miss Thursday and Friday (con hours) due to a work commitment.

Edited by Kevin Boyd