• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA August auction is shaping up to be Batman collectors dream

404 posts in this topic

Anybody else noticed the Romantic Marriage #24 book in VF 8.0 that sold for something like $2,360 when it guides for only a measly $82 in this condition grade. :o:o

Well, it looks like some of these more feminine titles are really starting to kick up a storm here. First, there was Cindy 37 and then the aforementioned Romantic Marriage 24 above.

Now, it looks like you can also add Sherry the Showgirl #1 to that list as a Fine+ 6.5 copy sold for $3,585 or 36X condition guide in the HA Auction. :o

I wonder what other obscure hidden treasures we could have hiding in our box of drek comic books? :banana:hm

Every drek has its day? hm

Yes, hopefully so! :wishluck:

Alas, still waiting for the day that they cycle back to books such as Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters, Malibu's Ultraverse run of books, Dark Horse's Comics Greatest World titles, Marvel's UK titles such as Pendragon, etc.

Since it's now getting on close to 2 or 3 decades, I assume the day for these books to take their turn to shine in the sun must be fast approaching. :cool::whee:

Or not! :cry::tonofbricks:

Maybe the box is still at home
had my daughter cover every square inch of where some comics are kept. Nada

But as I told police that's still a possibility. Not ruling anything out yet.

:wishluck:

Too bad they don't have a security camera set up in the storage area, unless something about the layout makes that unfeasible.

Anybody else noticed the Romantic Marriage #24 book in VF 8.0 that sold for something like $2,360 when it guides for only a measly $82 in this condition grade. :o:o

Well, it looks like some of these more feminine titles are really starting to kick up a storm here. First, there was Cindy 37 and then the aforementioned Romantic Marriage 24 above.

Now, it looks like you can also add Sherry the Showgirl #1 to that list as a Fine+ 6.5 copy sold for $3,585 or 36X condition guide in the HA Auction. :o

I wonder what other obscure hidden treasures we could have hiding in our box of drek comic books? :banana:hm

.....the Sherry title has been hot on eBay for a while, but that result was absolutely molten..... certainly seems to be evidence that there are still avid collectors out there who aren't caught up in movie hype .........GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not sure why this one would be going up there in price since it doesn't appear to have the classic GGA art cover which was the rationale for Cindy 37 going for such big dollars in the marketplace. Romantic Marriage 24 certainly does not appear to have the same degree of classic GGA artwork on its cover. (shrug)

And definitely in stark contrast to the pre-hero DC books which appears to be almost mired in quicksand, especially in terms of their very early pre-hero non-adventure humor covers. :(

I've always liked this cover. The perspective on the staircase is beautifully rendered. Not easy at all. As a professional artist, I can attest staircases and ppl walking up them are a beach.

Also the book is tough. I have a nice mid-grade and was looking to upgrade. Not at this price though. :o

At least I won the Batman 66 :sumo:

:gossip: and the Wonderworld 7 :whee:

I was underbidder on the 7. Congrats (thumbs u

Sorry we were going against each other on this one. I sold my Mystery Men 3 and WonderWorld 7 a while back to start my distillery. Been trying to replace them for a while.

A sobering thought.

Due to my missing box of comics i didn't bid on anything in heritage this time. Just wasn't in the mood :(

Let's hope they waltz into a comic store near you.... :foryou:

From a GAtor post in General:

long story short because I'm too excited right now, but the missing comics should be home with me asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The books are not yet in hand but there is hope...

Due to my missing box of comics i didn't bid on anything in heritage this time. Just wasn't in the mood :(

Let's hope they waltz into a comic store near you.... :foryou:

From a GAtor post in General:

long story short because I'm too excited right now, but the missing comics should be home with me asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The books are not yet in hand but there is hope...

:cloud9: I love a happy ending.