• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 14-16, 2016

65 posts in this topic

Not that we saw...

I think we will be sitting this one out. It'll be the first Irving show that we've missed in about five years. :cry: It is just too close to Alamo City in a month that has plenty of other travel. That, and they raised the table rates pretty dramatically. A corner at this show costs nearly as much as a corner at the big June show, which is :screwy:

We met at last year's show, if I remember correctly. That was fun. I picked up some nice books all around (including one or two from you), and somehow lucked into a huge suite at my hotel. . . I remember having a darn good dinner one night, too.

Not that we saw...

I think we will be sitting this one out. It'll be the first Irving show that we've missed in about five years. :cry: It is just too close to Alamo City in a month that has plenty of other travel. That, and they raised the table rates pretty dramatically. A corner at this show costs nearly as much as a corner at the big June show, which is :screwy:

We met at last year's show, if I remember correctly. That was fun. I picked up some nice books all around (including one or two from you), and somehow lucked into a huge suite at my hotel. . . I remember having a darn good dinner one night, too.

That sounds about right, I remember your story about the hotel and dinner. You going to check this one out? My brother is on the fence about setting up. I won't make it either way. :cry:

Not that we saw...

That sounds about right, I remember your story about the hotel and dinner. You going to check this one out? My brother is on the fence about setting up. I won't make it either way. :cry:

I'm in Michigan now, so that will be a tough go for me.

We appreciate your patience, the eBlast with the comic guest names for Dallas Fan Days should be out early this week and the information will appear on the website when that goes out. This will be followed shortly afterwards by MegaCon Tampa and Fan Expo Vancouver.

We appreciate your patience, the eBlast with the comic guest names for Dallas Fan Days should be out early this week and the information will appear on the website when that goes out. This will be followed shortly afterwards by MegaCon Tampa and Fan Expo Vancouver.

I hope you don't think I'm coming after you personally by saying this. I'm really not, because I know that this delay isn't your doing or your call.

I really enjoy these Dallas/Irving shows. I like supporting them. These delays in guest announcements do not send a positive message to fans. There are a lot of shows in the marketplace these days. If I can't tell whether Fan Days will be worth attending next month, because there is no comic guest list posted and the show is only like 33 days away, there are plenty of other shows your potential customer base can choose to attend. Like Alamo City later that month, who promote the hell out of their guest list.

Again, this is not personal or directed at you. I'd like FE to succeed. But this propensity to delay announcements is very counterproductive. Bleed names out and generate excitement. Get people excited. Right now nobody is excited.

I was *a little* excited for one week then they went the typical Fan Days route of adding repeat guests that have been here before or in the area couple times already and now I'm planning on skipping it.

Bet you the February show will have Arrow for the 4th year in a row.

I hope you don't think I'm coming after you personally by saying this. I'm really not, because I know that this delay isn't your doing or your call.

I really enjoy these Dallas/Irving shows. I like supporting them. These delays in guest announcements do not send a positive message to fans. There are a lot of shows in the marketplace these days. If I can't tell whether Fan Days will be worth attending next month, because there is no comic guest list posted and the show is only like 33 days away, there are plenty of other shows your potential customer base can choose to attend. Like Alamo City later that month, who promote the hell out of their guest list.

Again, this is not personal or directed at you. I'd like FE to succeed. But this propensity to delay announcements is very counterproductive. Bleed names out and generate excitement. Get people excited. Right now nobody is excited.

I can only say, once again, I completely agree. This needs to happen sooner.

That being said they are going live tomorrow so I'm announcing them here shortly.

The announcement is going out tomorrow, but I'm letting you know today. For credits I've mostly used their most recent work, but Brandon, Jim, Ty and Ande all have long careers in the industry stretching back over two decades.

DALLAS FAN DAYS - COMIC GUESTS

BRANDON PETERSON

Uncanny Inhumans

JIM CALAFIORE

Leaving Megalopolis

TY TEMPLETON

Batman '66

JOE EISMA

Archie

ANDE PARKS

Vertigo's Slash & Burn

JEREMY CLARK