• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMB RAIDER starring Alicia Vikander (2017)
1 1

94 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I bought the blueray and watched it the other night. I went into it with little expectations and found I enjoyed it.

It was a surprise. Alicia is smoking hot ( to me ) and that is a bonus.

After Ex Machina and The Danish Girl, she can do no wrong, well maybe the bland Jason Bourne. Hmmmm...

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

After Ex Machina and The Danish Girl, she can do no wrong, well maybe the bland Jason Bourne. Hmmmm...

I enjoyed Ex Machina, never saw The Danish Girl.

56 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Ex Machina's much better. You're not missing much with the latter - quite boring.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

The Danish Girl is a somewhat un-even movie, but Vikander walked off with it with her heartbreaking role that won her an Oscar.

After a while, you have to wonder if the movie is about Eddie Redmayne's character or the wife who supported him throughout his journey.

A bit routine with it's plot devices, but she was unforgettable.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

The Danish Girl is a somewhat un-even movie, but Vikander walked off with it with her heartbreaking role that won her an Oscar.

After a while, you have to wonder if the movie is about Eddie Redmayne's character or the wife who supported him throughout his journey.

A bit routine with it's plot devices, but she was unforgettable.

interesting, perhaps it is worth a viewing...

22 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

interesting, perhaps it is worth a viewing...

I couldn’t make it through the Danish Girl. I found it tough sledding... I can’t explain it...

2 minutes ago, piper said:

I couldn’t make it through the Danish Girl. I found it tough sledding... I can’t explain it...

Felt too TV Movie of the Week, where Vikander was the only one who showed to act. lol 

If you are a fan of hers, this would be a movie to check out as she showed surprisingly more "range" in a thankless role than the main actor.

She deserved the gold.

8 minutes ago, piper said:

Vikander was fine.  Redmayne staring longingly at womens' dresses and shoes got unappealing and boring very, very quickly.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I bought the blueray and watched it the other night. I went into it with little expectations and found I enjoyed it.

It was a surprise. Alicia is smoking hot ( to me ) and that is a bonus.

this movie isn't gonna be an Oscar winner, but its entertaining, and Alicia Vikander does a really good job.